Camera Enthusiast….

rdd102781

Registered
Do you guys think this is a really good camera? We are about to buy a new camera and I would like to know what some of you may think about the camera that we are almost certain to purchase. Thanks for your input rather good or bad. By the way we are Sony loyalist and that had a lot to do with sony instead of X brand.

Last edited:
Well I have a Nikon D80 and I'm looking at getting the Nikon D300. I, like you, use to be all Sony. My TV, Stereo, Cameras, Gaming devices, everything Sony. I was on a budget when I started looking to replace my Sony DSC-F717 with a real DSLR camera. The reason I went with Nikon was that I could find old lenses that worked with my new camera body. If I remember correctly you can use any lens manufactured since 1954 and if you need auto focus you could use any lens manufactured since 1978 I believe. The older lenses were heavier but that was the only thing bad about them. Depending on the lens I bought I saved over a 1000 dollars per lens when purchasing these older lenses. The Sony Alpha was just coming out when I was looking into the DSLR cameras but if I remember correctly you could only use certain Minolta and Sony lenses on the Alpha which really limited my choices for cheap lenses. I hope that helps and good luck with your purchase. I'm sure what ever you pick will be 1000 times better than the point and shoot cameras. :thumbsup:

I am a Nikon fan myself. If you just plan on keeping the camera in "auto" mode, save your money. Here is a photography forum I belong to, another great group of people like we have here. Digital Photography School

If you are not considering a NIKON, you are not a real camera enthusiast... ???

Still shooting with an "old" D100 here as well as a pocket sized S52...

If you are not considering a NIKON, you are not a real camera enthusiast... ???

Still shooting with an "old" D100 here as well as a pocket sized S52...

With all due respect, suggesting that there is only one "real" camera for professionals is quite biased. There are several brands that are popular amongst professionals. Canon and Nikon happen to be two of the more popular choices.

I own an older version of this and I love it. Easy to use, and excellent quailty. I'm sure you would be happy with that Sony, but I stray away from products where they are not focused (pardon the pun.) Sony makes great TV's, headphones and other electronics, but they don't fare too well in the camera market amongst professionals. Video cameras, certainly. Still picture, not so much.

Last edited:
Cum'on... :poke: You know how dedicated we Nikon folks are.. :laugh:

With all due respect, suggesting that there is only one "real" camera for professionals is quite biased. There are several brands that are popular amongst professionals. Canon and Nikon happen to be two of the more popular choices.

I own an older version of this and I love it. Easy to use, and excellent quailty. I'm sure you would be happy with that Sony, but I stray away from products where they are not focused (pardon the pun.) Sony makes great TV's, headphones and other electronics, but they don't fare too well in the camera market amongst professionals. Video cameras, certainly. Still picture, not so much.

Well, guys I am not a professional. I would just like a DSLR camera that can shoot many frames in a second(5 for this particular camera), that is rugged built, that I can grow with, that is simple to use, that is good quality, etc. However, I have checked out many brands and this camera has won me over for now. Thanks guys for your input.

We went with the Nikon D60... Probably should have gone with the D30. May want to send more on the lens and less on the body!

This site had some good information in it.
Recommended Cameras

I justed didn't find it until after we purchased our camera.

Rubb uses the Canon EOS 50D. Wow,what a rig.Over 15 megapixels.
I have an 18-200 mm lens with image stabilization,(hard to take a bad pic).
I also have a Sigma 10-20 mm for the wide shot.
Highly recomend this rig. Bit pricey thou,I have 2-3 grand tied up in it.

RSD.

Back