Camelbak

ResidentEvil

Registered
How many of you guys ride with them ?

camel pack.jpg

i have a 2liter pack made by Fox Racing (picked it up from REI) for 30 bucks... I LOVE it.. but the only thing that sucks is it will always taste like plastic.

pack also has SEVERAL zipper pockets. i would store my phone in one and run my headphones through it...pick one up.

I have an older camelbak but it's not of much use. I prefer to hydrate before riding if I feel it's necessary...

I use a Camelbak when riding in the woods on the dirt bike, or out on the mountain bike.
But most of my rides on the Busa are no more than 150 miles with a lunch stop, or some sort of a break, in the middle. 3 hours tops counting the break, no need for one.

I have one, a H.A.W.G NV to be exact, and I take it with me on long rides or if I'm going to be riding when it's above 105. I like it because I don't have to stop for water breaks nor do I really have a place for a water bottle on longer trips. I would recommend getting an insulated hose though if you live somewhere where it is hot. If you don't that initial drink is going to be warm, almost hot. Also, I don't have that plastic water taste the other person was stating. :thumbsup:

I have a few, if anyone is looking, keep an eye on bike nashbar, they have amazing deals on them from time to time :cool:

I never need fuel more often than the bike so I wouldn't need one, when I refuel the bike I get water for myself:laugh: Now if that thing can keep the water ice cold that would be something........ hhhmmmm just hit me you all are putting water in it aren't you ??? That may have been a premature assumption on my part :poke: :whistle: :laugh:

Last edited:
I have once or twice. I typically catch a good break when the Busa needs to eat.

I gues for long rides its worth it... But I still prefer the carrying a small bottle in my tank bag or tail...

I use one but but get the 90 degree angle. It makes it easier to drink with a helmet.

we get them for free in the military, but i dont know about riding with one on. dont want to pull over for that many pee breaks.

I have two of them. Sure I can stop for water at a gas station but while your spending $1.20 for a small bottle of water I am still drinking the same ice cold water but I only paid .20 cents for at the grocery store when I bought the case.

My camelbacks do not taste like plastic. Here in the desert you sweat so much it takes care of the pee breaks so I only have to stop for gas. It different because your sweat evaporates as soon as the wind hits it so you don't realize your sweating if your not wearing a jacket.

Hydrate or die.

Long rides, especially in hot climates...you have to have a CamelBak :beerchug:

S09_Vulture_Blk.ashx.jpg

I do. I have one that also has storage in addition to the water bladder.

Back