Hot Days!! Ride Hydration

Sum Beach

Registered
Just wanted to see how and what everyone is doing for staying well hydrated in these hot days of riding! A few pics of some of the systems that myself and BusaGirl use for our rides and hikes. Yes I am a big CamelBak fan!! It sure beats just throwing a bottle of water in your tank bag.
Show us what you use!!

BusaGirl's CamelBak M.U.L.E. This one survived her 80 MPH crash back in 08!
CamelBak's 007.jpg

My 100 oz HydroPak. This one I use more for rides.
CamelBak's 009.jpg

My Tactical M.U.L.E. with attached acces pack
CamelBak's 010.jpg

I have a few others that are still new and have not been used yet.

Front view with the S+W Rescue knife, S+W LED flashlight and Range Beads. I use this one more for trail hiking. (Mainly because this pack with the knife, a 9mm with spare clips did an open carry on a group ride and scared the heck out of some people!)
CamelBak's 011.jpg

CamelBak's 007.jpg

CamelBak's 009.jpg

CamelBak's 010.jpg

CamelBak's 011.jpg

I have a cold beer and stay home when it's 100 degrees outside. :laugh:

Seriously, I like simplicity. I will stop and have a sip from a bottle.

Went on a 200 mile ride yesterday and put a 3quart water bottle in the trunk. I've got a gen 2 with the trunk mod and it's helped out in many situations. That's what I do.

i carry a blue water bottle i clip on my bag. it hangs off the back of my bike. i have taken it everywhere! from key west to redlodge. :thumbsup:
i dig water jugs with drinking hoses. like to have one some day. but for now my blue bottle works for me.:beerchug:

pics nov 2010 270.jpg

0716111835a.jpg

Since i really dont ride long distances i'll just stop at a gas station and get a water or gatorade, i can feel when i'm needing water it hits me hard, so thats about the time a break is in order anyway. unless i ride with my friend she stuffs these little mini water bottles all over her bike and pockets:laugh:

just got a CamelBak (thanks Lamb, you're a great friend! :bowdown:) but haven't tried it out...in the past, i just alternated between 32 ounce Gatorade's and 1 liter waters at gas stops when the fuel light comes on :beerchug:

Freeze bottles of water and put them in the Givi...rehydrate at gas stops when I wet my cooling vest down and doo rag...seems to work even in 100+ heat and 80 mph dessicating wind...

If I'm riding in hot weather or have a track day I always start hydrading myself the day before. Drinking lots of fluid which makes the following day much easier on the body. I still drink water on the day of.

Tomorrow for instance, I'll spend a long day of track time, so today I'm drinking at least three quarts of water along with other liquids I'll consume on any given day.

I just can't ride with a tank bag so I do pack a water bottle with me strapped on the buddy seat if I'm riding more than a couple of hours.

Back