Camcorders

mr8ball

Registered
Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a camcorder to mount on my bike and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good one. I don't know much about them. I would like to be able to take some good still pictures with it also and also be able to hook a helmet cam to it in the future. If you could post some pic.s of yours and how you mounted it would be grateful. Would i need one with the image stabilization also? Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:

P2270026.jpg

Last edited:
in my experience, you won't find many camcorders that take very good stills...just the way that it captures images. May want to get one of each...then you can get a sweet SLR like Randy:beerchug::thumbsup:

Remember, careful what you record it can used as evidence against you in a court of law :laugh::laugh: goodluck

Mine is a Sony Digital 8. It's three years old so I but the up to date models are even better.

Here is a little sample...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don, think I could mount your cam on my bike?

If you think so < I will bring my OE windscreen..

Last edited:
Here is Sambusa's
:rofl:

post-12-86109-Helmet_Cam.jpg

Last edited:
Is a helmet cam better for vid or a frame mounted cam?

--Wag--

in my experience, you won't find many camcorders that take very good stills...just the way that it captures images. May want to get one of each...then you can get a sweet SLR like Randy:beerchug::thumbsup:

Thanks bud, I already have a Nikon D40 for stills but its kinda bulky to cary sometimes. I don't guess i really need to take stills. Thanks again

Is a helmet cam better for vid or a frame mounted cam?

--Wag--

The one's that i have looked at will go either place. I talked to the people here
Xtreme Recall Helmet Cam Systems – In-Car Mounts & Helmet Camera Accessories

and they seem to really have a great set up. I think i will go with this helmet cam. They suggested the Sony DCR-HC 30 or 32 and i checked into them but they seem out of date now. Then i decided to see what everyone on here was using. Thanks again

I'd recommend the hero cam by go pro Digital Hero Camera Home It can be bike or helmet mounted and records straight to an SD card.

I have a helmet cam by hoyttech which runs to a canon zr200 camcorder. It works well but I'd rather not have a cord and need the separate camcorder.

Here's a vid I shot with it last year. The resolution is about 1/10 of what is possible as I had to compress the file to upload it to youtube.

Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a camcorder to mount on my bike and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good one. I don't know much about them. I would like to be able to take some good still pictures with it also and also be able to hook a helmet cam to it in the future. If you could post some pic.s of yours and how you mounted it would be grateful. Would i need one with the image stabilization also? Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:

Nice picture what kinda of camera was that? Great detail

The lane splitting topic again. Yes, it's so legal it's part of the very culture of California. Cars are used to it, we riders are used to it. Here it in Cali, it's your God-given right to lane split whenever you feel like it (safe and prudent of course). Gotta love that.

///Back on topic

- click here: Buy Now: SportBikeCam Video Camera Motorcycle Mount Hoffman Metal Products | Pashnit Moto

Here's my blog-like page of setting the busa up as a camera platform: SportBikeCam Motorcycle Video Camera Mounting solutions | Pashnit.com

And this page is rather dated, but some might find the information useful: Motorcycle Camera Mounting Solutions - Video Cockpit Mounts | Pashnit.com

Anytime you guys got a question, just ask me. (I'm teasing).

And here's a vid with the SportBikeCam

And another...

Btw, the 1st vid was shot with my digital camera. Turn the dial to video, and hit on.

2nd one was done with camcorder.
sportbikecam1-800.jpg

Note that the 99-07 uses a differnet bolt pattern than the 08-09.

Oddly enough, the new '08+ has same bolt pattern on gas cap as SV650.

Back