Tank mounted camcorder

hbr

"It's all good"
Donating Member
Registered
Tried to get some video at the Gap with a Sony HDD camcorder on a tank mount. Seemed to work fine for a few seconds till the Busa got a bit buzzy. Just normal vibrations. The camera would shut off and "reset" the hard drive and wouldn't record. Works fine any other time.

Any settings on an HDD camcorder I need to adjust, or just outta luck and have to use the mini DV tape unit?

TIA

I had the same problems under hard acelleration.Dont know what to do about it.The "tape" type cam works good though.

Internal HDD camera's can't stand the vibration, however minor. You'll need to switch to tape, solid-state memory, or a remote HDD that is well cushioned.

This is what I use. It works pretty good.

camera.jpg

So..... Whats the skinny on this set-up? I see the Samsung bullet camera, but is the whole system a Samsung piece?

Yes. All of it is Samsung. It uses a memory card. I only use a 1 gig card cause I only use it to tape my runs at the track, but it is pretty weather tight, rubber coated, and the bullet cam un-plugs.
So far I havent had any problems with it. It isn't the "best" setup out there, but for the money (around 250 to 300) on ebay, it does well.
If I am using the bullet cam, I tape it to my mirror, and throw the other part in my jacket. The bullet cam has a button on the cord to turn on and off for recording.
It isnt much bigger than a wallet.

The harddrives can't stand vibration or g- forces. You have heads floating on platters and they can't take it. As stated tape or memory. I vote memory.
bowdown.gif

(dadofthree @ May 09 2007,17:58) The harddrives can't stand vibration or g- forces. You have heads floating on platters and they can't take it. As stated tape or memory. I vote memory.  
bowdown.gif
This one tapes directly to the card...kinda like an MP3 player, so there really isn't a hard drive.

We have even used it in our drag car and had very little vibration.

Hey check with Gulc, I think how you spell it! This cat records some amazing runs through Turkey...2 cents! I'm currently at work or I would look him up!

(GSXRFANN @ May 09 2007,15:01)
(dadofthree @ May 09 2007,17:58) The harddrives can't stand vibration or g- forces. You have heads floating on platters and they can't take it. As stated tape or memory. I vote memory.
bowdown.gif
This one tapes directly to the card...kinda like an MP3 player, so there really isn't a hard drive.

We have even used it in our drag car and had very little vibration.
Referring to hbr
laugh.gif

Looks like you got a great set up
wink.gif

I have 2 Sonys- sounds like the HDD won't work. I was a bit disappointed not to get any footage at the Gap. There was a MILLION Mini Coopers while I was there.

I guess I'll use the DV tape..................killer setup gsxrfann

BTW- thanks for the info fellas
beerchug.gif

HDD cameras can't stand the vibration , you have to use a dv recorder or directly a card recorder , here is my set-up
smile.gif

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

MAN GUCLU, you have the sweetest pictures I've ever seen !!!!!!

It should be board policy that you post pictures every day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love looking at them, and know everyone else does too !!!!!

BusaWhipped needs to chime in here. He has a dual- camera setup. Solid-state.

Last year, I used tape - worked fine.

(kennym4 @ May 09 2007,13:48) MAN GUCLU, you have the sweetest pictures I've ever seen !!!!!!

It should be board policy that you post pictures every day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love looking at them, and know everyone else does too !!!!!
thank you so much , you are embarrassing me
beerchug.gif

(omslaw @ May 09 2007,16:52) BusaWhipped needs to chime in here. He has a dual- camera setup. Solid-state.

Last year, I used tape - worked fine.
I don't know how he keeps the bugs off the one under the nose, but the windscreen is terrible to look through.

I have a sony hdd too and BusaWhipped warned me about the heads not being able to operate properly on the bike. It can actually scratch the internal disk. Pm Busa Whipped and I am sure he could give you the low down on his two camera system. It is really cool.

Back