cam chain tensioner

T-rexATL

Registered
i have an 06 busa make a strange noise. i have seen several post about the cam chain tensioner. does anyone have a step by step on how to adjust it? and is this usually the problem causing the noise? has anyone with the 06 had this problem? ( it sounds like a knocking noise if that helps)

both busas i've owned have that same noise . I don't know if the tensioner will help it or not . How many miles do you have on it . my first had 30,000 and this one has 31,000.

CCT being a little loose shouldn't make a knocking sound. It's more of a loud tapping - especially when the engine is cold.

However, see this post for a couple different methods of manually adding tension...

chain tensioner

Hayabusa__49___Small_.jpg

Thanks Sam46 but you have to type so we know what you know. Is that a new cam tensioner? Were did you get it, (from dealer or net). Or did you change the little spring? How do you adjust the tension on it?
Thanks Q.

If your idle is set too low the Busa engine makes alot of noise. Try setting it at 1200rpm or higher. If it is low and you hear a knocking, clattering sound it's the clutch.

Back