cam chain tensioner mod

All three bolts on the OEM Busa tensioner are lefty loosy , righty tighty so alway's crack loose the center pin bolt " 12mm hex head " before loosening the other two .

Are you putting an aftermarket adjustable tensioner on and if so , can i ask why ? Just because they are available for the 1300R does not automaticaly mean it's an upgrade for the engine .

If your removing the cam chain tensioner for any reason you should have the valve cover off and have zip tied the chain to the cam sprockets , especially the exhaust side . A guy stands a very good chance of getting the cams out of time if not because the chain just rolls of the exhaust sprocket.

This can cause bent valves and alot of grief for the guys who are not aware of this . No big deal to get the cams back in time but better to do so before pushing the starter button

i was just gonna remove the 12mm bolt and stick a allen key in there and push in until i hear a click as stated in the mod link above.

here's a pic of the mod, link is: https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=10;t=75254

post_10_89486_CAM2.jpg

i was just gonna remove the 12mm bolt and stick a allen key in there and push in until i hear a click as stated in the mod link above.
Honestly man , a real and deluxe waste of time there . Just trying to help you , not to nit pik folks .

Geeeze , what will the internet think of next .  
rock.gif

It has hydraulic pressure running to it at all times when running and will adjust and tighten the chain tension when it's time .

Back