calling out nightflight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the enlightenment of Delay Box Racing, Sounds pretty much what I thought.

Its Heads up for me or nothing.

I will admit though, It would be sweet to be at the finish line and watch the faster bike pull in the slower one, But a real disappointment if the slower bike one.

Another winner! That's why I say a box removes some of the skill from bracket racing.

Actually Jeremy, it only gives you about a hundred more ways to lose. I have raced with a delay box since they were introduced. Does it make it easier to cut a good light?? NO. Does it make it easier to cut a consistent light? YES, if the rider is consistent himself. At our track, if you don't cut a .015 oe better, chances are you are going home. There is a lot of skill involved in delaybox racing, just a different type of skill.

In my Camaro, I would prolly rather run the box, because that is where the money is. Bikes, I would rather run without one.

What is funny is that old GS he keeps showing pics of was built and raced right here in Southern Illinois before it made it's way to E-ville....

IT is apples and oranges. No comparison between street bikes and drag bikes.

Last edited:
Nightflight in two weeks I am getting my bike tuned, as soon Chandler opens up I'm coming after you Gold Card! I'm local and you might remember me from Indy? Just don't redlight! :rofl:: Mr.Brown is the snail ready?:laugh:

Actually Jeremy, it only gives you about a hundred more ways to lose. I have raced with a delay box since they were introduced. Does it make it easier to cut a good light?? NO. Does it make it easier to cut a consistent light? YES, if the rider is consistent himself. At our track, if you don't cut a .015 oe better, chances are you are going home. There is a lot of skill involved in delaybox racing, just a different type of skill.

In my Camaro, I would prolly rather run the box, because that is where the money is. Bikes, I would rather run without one.

What is funny is that old GS he keeps showing pics of was built and raced right here in Southern Illinois before it made it's way to E-ville....

IT is apples and oranges. No comparison between street bikes and drag bikes.

Gotta disagree with you Rene, and I know we have had this conversation before.....:poke:
It's way easier to let go of a button consistently than it is to launch a bike consistently. Does it give you more opportunities for error (100 more ways to lose)? Sure if you don't use it correctly.
With a hand clutch no bar bike I agree I would rather do without a box, but his setup is foolproof. Slick and training wheels on a stock motor bike. What's it gonna do? Can't wheelie, won't spin, auto clutch release and shifter. All you have to focus on is letting off the button and holding on. The rest is done for ya......
You know how he is with the bike pics.....:lol:

Nightflight in two weeks I am getting my bike tuned, as soon Chandler opens up I'm coming after you Gold Card! I'm local and you might remember me from Indy? Just don't redlight! :rofl:: Mr.Brown is the snail ready?:laugh:
What up bone!
Not yet, but it's in progress......
You coming to I-57 Sunday? First round of KOS.

still was all over the place in his video...

imagine if he had to think about anything else other than go straight......

Soooooooooooooooooooo the Moped takes off from the line 22 sec sooner than the Busa and if the Busa rider doesnt let go of his timer button exactly on time the Moped would win if he ran his exact dial in time.

Am I correct in my assumption

We dont run mopeds most all the bikes in probike lot faster than your pile
we got bikes run in the 4,s your the one be getting the spot.

Last edited:
We dont run mopeds most all the bikes in probike lot faster than your pile
we got bikes run in the 4,s your the one be getting the spot.

Wrong

Me and ( My Pile ) would loose like a real racer before we let someone give us a head start.

A head start is what I gave my 5 yr old sister when we raced in the front yard as kids, and even she understood that when she won it was only because the faster of the two had pitty on her.

Wrong

Me and ( My Pile ) would loose like a real racer before we let someone give us a head start.

A head start is what I gave my 5 yr old sister when we raced in the front yard as kids, and even she understood that when she won it was only because the faster of the two had pitty on her.

HAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your bike is SOOOOOO SSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW Michael! It can't keep up with his. You want to make a trip up to evansville with me later this summer haha.

HAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your bike is SOOOOOO SSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW Michael! It can't keep up with his. You want to make a trip up to evansville with me later this summer haha.

Now dont get me wrong guys, Im sure Nightflight would beat me in a Heads up race, He is a Drag bike and I am not. However He will beat me in a heads up race because Im sure as hell not going to take a head start.

Now dont get me wrong guys, Im sure Nightflight would beat me in a Heads up race, He is a Drag bike and I am not. However He will beat me in a heads up race because Im sure as hell not going to take a head start.

But you could bracket race with him and make some $$$$$. Theres no money in heads up racing, haven't you been paying attention!! I have seen more money change hands at TRP on 1 race than he won last year!! :rofl::rofl:

But you could bracket race with him and make some $$$$$. Theres no money in heads up racing, haven't you been paying attention!! I have seen more money change hands at TRP on 1 race than he won last year!! :rofl::rofl:

Just not sure I could sleep at night knowing I got money for having the slower Bike. Even if it was on a New Bed paid for with the winnings.

I guess me and my ( How did he put it ) Pile Will just have to settle for a good nights sleep.

==========================================================

MISTY.jpg

The originator of this thread has asked that it be closed.

Thank you all for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back