Call of the Canadian... "Eh, what are ya talkin aboot? Eh? Eh?" I mean, HI DaD!

All the old folks that used to have fun!

Just dont swear!

LOL

??? You do know that your legs are supposed to be bent, right, yami?

Or did you put forward controls on it? :poke: :D

??? You do know that your legs are supposed to be bent, right, yami?

Or did you put forward controls on it? :poke: :D

If I am remembering correctly, the "hor" was always going in so many directions at once that something probably gave out. Well that and yeah the forward controls to go with the only Busa on the market with Apehangers likely contributed...

:laugh: The "Hor". I like that. It's like "Thor", but without the "T".

Busa with forward controls and apehangers. Holy crap I snorted!

Holy crap YAMAHO !! Whats up ? Its like an old school reuniuon here with you, Pac, Rub, MJN, Revlis,...

YEah it's a bunch of old farts, trying to figure out why the hell there is a "LIKE" button... WTH? Did we suddenly become little girls worried about who's eating a cheeseburger and deciding if we "LIKE" that or not...

AND WHERE'S THE "don't Like" or hell "hate" button... NOW THAT WOULD BE USEFUL...

"Bob had Taco's for lunch, YummY" <-----This, this sorta "Tweet" mentality, this is worthy of a "HATE" button right?

OR damn i'm just old... I know I posted like 40 pictures a few days ago and got almost no comments at all, short attention spans I fear, or my pics weren't that cool... Yeah we need a Hate button...

YEah it's a bunch of old farts, trying to figure out why the hell there is a "LIKE" button... WTH? Did we suddenly become little girls worried about who's eating a cheeseburger and deciding if we "LIKE" that or not...

AND WHERE'S THE "don't Like" or hell "hate" button... NOW THAT WOULD BE USEFUL...

"Bob had Taco's for lunch, YummY" <-----This, this sorta "Tweet" mentality, this is worthy of a "HATE" button right?

OR damn i'm just old... I know I posted like 40 pictures a few days ago and got almost no comments at all, short attention spans I fear, or my pics weren't that cool... Yeah we need a Hate button...

You grumpy ol bastid,yer worse than me for fug sake.Instead of a hate button,just get off yer lazy azz and go... I hate this ^ .

If there was a hate button and it were asigned a place on my keyboard,I wouldn't be able to use it.It would be worn out and the image on said button would be worn off.

Yer pics were awesome.Short attention spans you bet. The org has morphed over the years, more times than you can count.Members leave,get replaced with new ones,time,unfortunately marches on brother. I used to refere to these groups all the time. At first there were 10-20 regular posters,then that group changed.Then the next group came on,your's and mine and all those other folk. Now were up to like Gen 28 or something.I still believe there is still a great family core here thou. Short attention span now, BIGTIME. I often ramble on and on in a post,and a few (mostly oldtimers) will read it hoping for a laugh or some useless information.LOL Its the age we live in now. Some of these folks are tweeting,facebooking,texting,and asking for help fixing there Busa all at the same time.I get a little irate when they swallow up all the great info and dont even bother to say thanks,but thats todays generation.Not always,but for the most part IMO.Of my 2 children,one is the most grateful and polite person you could ever meet. The other,not so much so.(I guess I'm batting 500 in the child rearing department)I love 'em both,but they are different.The days of posting up trips,bike shots,etc and having 98% of the members oogle and awe and say nice job are GONE. Probably never to return. Its not good a good thing IMHO but it is reality.
You and I can both dissapear for months,even years and a core group will still welcome us back. I think thats pretty cool. Do I long for the days when 98 % of the board knew one another...forsure,but those days are long gone.The site is just too big for that now.I guess you have to see it as an' opportunity to make new Busa Bud's.(Here is where Rev will tell me to go get fugged,and that he can barely tollerate most folks as it is) LOL.

In the old days my brother,you could keep up with "Org going's on" in about 20 minutes. There were 5 threads to view. Now there's 500 current one's.It would be a fulltime job keeping up,you'd have to take notes.

Dont you recall getting lambasted by me when you would post about your new vacuum cleaner or new shaver? Folks still post up pics of their BBQ pig on a spit.I guess at that point its up to the reader to enjoy or skip past,or in my case type some shiddy or funny comment.hehehe. Most of us have been guity of at least one or 2 theorhetically useless threads.In my case,probably hundreds.If there was a hate button,it would prbably get used on me the most.I still get hatemail from the odd past/present member who I tore a strip off for no apparant reason,sometimes 5 or even 10 years ago.Some folks can't forgive and I dont want them to.Thats for them to wallow in. Most likely I was in one of my alcohol/drug induced stoopers or perhaps my own lack of self moderation.(no excuse,but reality) I've seen some of the most liked,most respected long time members type out some pretty hatefull shi7,but most of the time its a "mood dependant" sort of post and not really their true personality,but one never knows. I have always beleived that on the internet,and this site especially,we more often than not get folks "sugar coated" responses for one reason or another. My filter goes on and off and sometimes "my truth" gets typed out.Call it honesty,a flagrant disreguard for people's feelings,or whatever you like. I useally type with my heart and not my head and that can get a person on the hate list real qwik. I guess for me its not a popularity contest,some folks like me,some hate me with a passion. I'm to old to change much now. I still like me.Sometimes the HouseMouse must think I'm nuts as I laugh out loud while typing out some of my krap.

The internet will always be for some,a popularity contest.As you mentioned... Did we suddenly become little girls worried about who's eating a cheeseburger and deciding if we "LIKE" that or not... Everybody just wants to be loved Kieth.:laugh:

Rarely do folks want to hear the truth anymore.Thats where I come in.:whistle: I've toned it down alot,but the inner "Mean OL' Bastid" still creeps out from time to time. Some folks enjoy it and even say so...others just think I'm an a55hole. Thats life "on the internet."

Now stop all yer whiny krap and go build me a gun or something,my birthday is only about 4 months away. :thumbsup:

Mean Ol' Bastid.

AH, that's refreshing... That's Rubbah. Been a long time and you bring up some valid points, especially regarding the SCALE of the .org...

AS FOR MY VACUUM CLEANER REVIEWS? Easy now, those were awesome and useful.. :whistle: But still were honestly a bit more involved than "I had a Taco" though I shoulda got her name...

Truth, truth is always welcome I suspect if you're over 40 anyway, I do remember Lisa struggling through some truth a few years back up north with ya... That was some funny stuff, clearly there is some generational failings here. Our grandfathers would laugh and scorn us for girly men simply for typing on a keyboard or riding girly bikes. Fathers worked hard, did what they had to do, and now we look at the next-in-lines a little askance. Likely with some justification. Cause Damn, I swear I was not as dumb as often as the 20 somethings I had to "motivate" at work on a regular basis... There's got to be some idiocracy in play.

Cheers, ya mean ole' bastid.

Now wheres that freaking button.

OH OH AND!!!!

Threadjack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I get in on the love? What's up big Ben? The only man I know who can make the mighty Busa look like a Ninja 250.

Wtf? And now warbrown makes an appearance? Lol...we gotta keep 'em coming out of the woodwork!

AH, that's refreshing... That's Rubbah. Been a long time and you bring up some valid points, especially regarding the SCALE of the .org...

AS FOR MY VACUUM CLEANER REVIEWS? Easy now, those were awesome and useful.. :whistle: But still were honestly a bit more involved than "I had a Taco" though I shoulda got her name...

Truth, truth is always welcome I suspect if you're over 40 anyway, I do remember Lisa struggling through some truth a few years back up north with ya... That was some funny stuff, clearly there is some generational failings here. Our grandfathers would laugh and scorn us for girly men simply for typing on a keyboard or riding girly bikes. Fathers worked hard, did what they had to do, and now we look at the next-in-lines a little askance. Likely with some justification. Cause Damn, I swear I was not as dumb as often as the 20 somethings I had to "motivate" at work on a regular basis... There's got to be some idiocracy in play.

Cheers, ya mean ole' bastid.

Now wheres that freaking button.

Are you not still an admin? Go into the back room and create one. Should be good for a few laughs.

Now for an' all important question..... Hoover or Dyson ball? :laugh:

peace and love Bro,

Rubb.

Are you not still an admin? Go into the back room and create one. Should be good for a few laughs.

Now for an' all important question..... Hoover or Dyson ball? :laugh:

peace and love Bro,

Rubb.

Easy, Dyson ball without question. Got one about a year for upstairs, the punch line is that the Original Dyson I used to carry on about back in the day is still humming right along, haven't replaced a thing, and it works just as well as the day I bought it back in 2003. Simply works better, and keeps working better.

Funny all the things RSD mentioned a few posts up, as if we are no longer a close-knit group...I beg to differ, we just have a new wave of "fans" here since some of you opted to take a long hiatus to find yourselves and a life :laugh:

There's a huge group of friends here that stay in touch constantly...stalkers if you ask me, but hey, we still post up about rides and love pics. The big difference for some of you guys crawling out of the woodwork lately is that so many of the "newbies" don't have a clue who you even are, so you can't expect to pop in, say hi, post pics and get a huge following...stick around for a while so the newer guys/gals can get to know you...we haven't changed too much here, just a slightly different demographic, but "family" as always...

:2cents:

Funny all the things RSD mentioned a few posts up, as if we are no longer a close-knit group...I beg to differ, we just have a new wave of "fans" here since some of you opted to take a long hiatus to find yourselves and a life :laugh:

There's a huge group of friends here that stay in touch constantly...stalkers if you ask me, but hey, we still post up about rides and love pics. The big difference for some of you guys crawling out of the woodwork lately is that so many of the "newbies" don't have a clue who you even are, so you can't expect to pop in, say hi, post pics and get a huge following...stick around for a while so the newer guys/gals can get to know you...we haven't changed too much here, just a slightly different demographic, but "family" as always...

:2cents:

I know there is still a close knit group. I was just yankin' Rev's chain. I pop in,say Hi I have a new Busa and does any one have a part I need? BOOM.Its at my doorstep.You cant ask for anymore love than that.

Rev and I have just been reminising.

Its unfortunate for some of us, like me for instance,who are a little more cut off from the close knit groups due to geography.

It's all good,for me anyway.

RSD.

Back