California Busa Gas Tank?

silv3rstone

Registered
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a used '01 Busa and there was a little fuel leak....

I took it in to the shop and they found a small hole on the tank and it will continually drip when the fuel is topped off.

From my understanding the tanks from 99-07 are universal but my question is if there are any differences with a California tank and tanks from other states (other than capacity). The mechanic said that I will need to get a California tank possibly because of emission stuff to do with it. Is this true? Will the mechanic have to do anything different if I purchased a non-California tank?

Yes there are some emission differences...not just the capacity diff :thumbsup:

how hard is that to do? the mechanic sounded really firm that he needed a california tank and i'm a mechanical retard.....

Yes there are some emission differences...not just the capacity diff :thumbsup:

Don't know how hard it is to remove said Californy-extras, but Rich (BA Busa) has nailed it here for ya, bro.

If anyone can tell you, it'd be him or possibly Charlesbusa.

Please stand by...

Out of curiosity.....would anyone happen to have a comparison picture on what looks different between the two tanks on the underside?

lets not forget there are difference in years 99 and 2000 tanks have the external fuel pump.. 2001 to 2007 have the internal pump..

Back