Tank causing miss fire and poor performance

Gershwin

Registered
Hi gents. The top part of the Pic is my old tank or the one that's on my busa now. The bottom Pic is my new tank. The problem I have is that the fuel gauge unit or fuel meter unit differ from the shape and screws so I can't put my old tank's unit over to my new clean tank. I also have no idea where to buy such a unit I only end up getting the ones where the fuel pump is included with the float unit but my bike has an outside fuel tank separately.

Screenshot_20201003_151604_com.facebook.orca.jpg

Hi and welcome!
That first pic shows the fuel gauge sender unit next to the fuel tap... very unusual shaped sender unit, I have never seen one that shape.
The lower pic shows the round hole like every ‘99 to ‘00 Busa I’ve ever seen, I have a 99 model so I’m very familiar with this tank, fuel tap and fuel pump, and sender unit.
Good luck in finding a used or even new sender unit, just call all the bike dismantlers around your area and look on eBay and Facebook etc, all I can think of really.

Thank you man. I'm looking for the bottom pic's one. The round one. Coz the bottom is my new clean tank

I may be missing the issue here. You have an outside fuel pump,but need a working sending unit for a fuel gauge. Why not install a pump/sender unit combo in the tank and just not wire up the pump and plug the spigot. I could be way off here.
:welcome: to the Org.
Rubb.

I think I'm lost too. I don't know what to do. All I know is I have a new tank with tow open holes at the bottom and I don't know what the names of the units are that I need. I don't know if I can modify my old tank's one to make the screws the same 5 holes and just put the old unit in. One thing is for sure my bike has the fuel pump separately on the bike. I'm lost.

So he bought an' early tank and not the right one for his application.
Understood.
@Kiwi Rider will the resistance levels be the same in the old style fuel float for it to be able to send the correct signal for fuel level in what I'm guessing is newer gauge/ECU?
Rubb.

Back