California Bikes

HeliBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I am in heated battle with several dealers trying to buy an 05 Hayabusa.  I found a dealer in Ohio with an OTD price of $9,678.00.  Then I will be looking at 425.00 shipping and pay local tax, etc.  This does seem like a viable option, though I would prefer to pick the bike up in person.

The problem is that the local dealers are so proud of thier bikes that they are around $12,400.00 OTD.

My other choices are some of the dealers in California, BUT, I have never been too thrilled with a CA model of ANY vehicle.

MY question is, can anyone with specific knowledge of the CA bikes tell me if my fears are valid or not.

Thanks in advance,

John

More emission control junk, not as much power, these are two things that Cali bikes have. Sometimes these things are easily fixed, but I don't know about a Busa specifically.

The CA model is 2 lbs heavier....emissions crap....holds 5.0 gallons of fuel instead of 5.5 and is down on power slightly. Other than the fuel capacity, with after market exhaust, a power commander, and a pair valve mod....you couldn't tell the difference.

If you think $12,400 is high for a local dealer, you haven't looked much in Cali. Several people from SH.org are doing the same as you and shopping around because of the local dealers are scum.

The best deal I have heard in lower Cali was $13,000 OTD!
wow.gif
mad.gif

Even shipped from OHIO, you are still way under what your local guys want. I don't see the problem?
rock.gif

As long as you GET shipping insurance which isn't much, you are covered even if the bike is damaged before it gets in your posetion!
wink.gif

I just recently got mine in SoCal for less then $12,000 OTD.

I would check with the dealership in Costa Mesa.  They had all 3 colors in stock last time I was in there.

<!--EDIT|tomnrott
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112396084 -->

The CA model is 2 lbs heavier....emissions crap....holds 5.0 gallons of fuel instead of 5.5 and is down on power slightly. Other than the fuel capacity, with after market exhaust, a power commander, and a pair valve mod....you couldn't tell the difference.
+1 agree with that...

Back