Cafe busa

Seat pan ended up too thin. (ran out of resin but was hoping it would have been enough) so i reglassed it yesterday. Just got off work now and Im headed to my shop to see how it turned out. Once i get it trimmed up ill toss up some pics. Hey lucid, mind posting some picks of your bike? I promise i wont take any of your ideas..... Unless they are awesome....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1312684432682.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1312684490336.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1312684580789.jpg

Haha thanks. Not too shabby for a 23 year old punk I guess.

Actually, the contents of this thread alone removes you from that category. It's almost inevitable that young, driven, innovators like yourself will go on to do great things.

Well ****. That's gotta be one of the nicest things ive heard in awhile. Haha. Thanks man.
Im struggling to find a good upholsterer right now then hopefully the seat will be done. Then on to finishing the wiring. Want to make it in time to ride to the vintage motorcycle fest at barber motor speedway in Oct.

My busa is a drag bike, not a cafe. My cafe is a 78 KZ650, so I'm not sure what you could steal from it lol. Here it is anyway: (a work in progress, though, they are always "in progress" right?)

DSCN0184.jpg

Off the top of my head:
Cafe bars, new grips
vance and hines sidewinder
removed damn near everything nonessential -blinkers, mirrors, fenders, fairings, controls, etc.
Rewired, removing all of the above wiring and using about 6 wires now.
new tail
ground down random metal (chopped)
removed centerstand and rear brake (big and bulky)
removed tach and speedo (---probably did the most for the cafe look I wanted)
etc.

To come:
18in rear wheel
remove everything (battery, reg/rec) in "the triangle" under the seat and making that whole thing see through.

Hell yeah man. That's awesome! I found a guy last night that was interested in doing the seat. Pretty discouraging to hear from people that my seat is "too complicated"

its flat with a bubble.

Maybe its just me. We will see how the seat turns out. Oh, having the tank bra remade to match the seat also. Should look bangin'.

Looks like a fun project.

IMO (which matters for nothing since my bike is apparently fugly to most)
The rear hump thing is waaaaaay too small, esp in relation to the tank. I'd take it up so it is as big, and actually blends into the subframe.

Just my unasked for 2c

Maybe?

4d92d356.jpg

f84addef.jpg

I think the second one is more Cafe style. Perhaps a bit long, or not the perfect shape, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Seems quite big to me. Haha. Wish i had made it smaller to be honest. But it fits the battery, voltage regulator, and starter solenoid. In the process of re upholstering it now. Not a huge fan of the way it turned out.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1313933972834.jpg

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh. Exhaust. Why does that feel like tps reports without the cover sheet? Ill build one asap. It sounds soo menacing without the muffler though i want it to be minimally restrictive. Ill cook up something soon.

Oh hey! It got bigger! I think that looks great. I thought it would have a seat and that tiny hump would be the previous size just painted. I likey!
Posted via Mobile Device

No. Sorry, the idea was to foam the hump therefore building a makeshift passenger seat. Hence the seatpan lip. That was probably difficult to see in the pictures. My bad. Looks better though?

Back