Cable modem

Zoinks!

Registered
Just curious if anyone out there has a cable modem they want to get rid of. I recently started playing xbox live and I hate having to rob the modem off the main computer downstairs to play up in my room. I have cable at home and just need another, decently fast modem I can use to connect to xbox live. Or anyone know where I can pick a good one up for relatively cheap?

get a router... a second modem is probably not going to work...

+1 Gotta get a router. Get a WIFI 802.11G router and the XBOX 360 wireless network adapter. I use the Linksys with speedbooster. Works pretty well. :thumbsup:

get a router... a second modem is probably not going to work...

+1 Gotta get a router. Get a WIFI 802.11G router and the XBOX 360 wireless network adapter. I use the Linksys with speedbooster. Works pretty well. :thumbsup:

You're both wrong. You just need a modem. I have a router, but I just took the modem from the computer downstairs, ran a coax to the modem and an ethernet to the xbox and it works. I just want a second modem if someone has one cause the wireless adapter for the 360 is $90 and besides that, my router is only 56Mbps and I sometimes have trouble with it droppin out the signal and that would really piss me off in the middle of a game. I'm not tryin to be spendin $300 on new routers and addapters.

You're both wrong. You just need a modem. I have a router, but I just took the modem from the computer downstairs, ran a coax to the modem and an ethernet to the xbox and it works. I just want a second modem if someone has one cause the wireless adapter for the 360 is $90 and besides that, my router is only 56Mbps and I sometimes have trouble with it droppin out the signal and that would really piss me off in the middle of a game. I'm not tryin to be spendin $300 on new routers and addapters.

Yeah that works but I don't think Charter will allow you to use two cable modems at the same time. You will be getting twice the bandwidth and im sure thats not gonna fly with them.

Yeah that works but I don't think Charter will allow you to use two cable modems at the same time. You will be getting twice the bandwidth and im sure thats not gonna fly with them.

Oh. I see what you're sayin. Well I guess I'm screwed on the cheap route then. Maybe I'll try it anyway and see if they say anything. . .:whistle:

Back