Bypass tipover switch??????????

money mike

Registered
In looking for the "dealer Mode" thing, i found a small metal thing with two wires comming out of it loose and the clip for it was somehow broken. Also it had the word "UPPER" and an arrow engraved on it. Is this infact my tipover switch and can this be bypassed by splicing the wires above it together prior to the switch... (like i had to do with my kickstand switch LOL)
Thanks alot guys
RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!!

No idea on the tipover switch but the FI light will go out once you get your problem sorted and restart the bike.
Bike doesn't store codes.

No problem.
Still try to find the dealer connector and get the code before doing anything else in case that isn't it.
Better safe than sorry.

the tipover swithc is under the rear gas tank mount on the right side of the bike i dont believe you can just hook the wires together you have tot ake it apart and cut the ring off of the band
Posted via Mobile Device

Can you post a pic of what you are looking at?

Good luck:::
"Cut the ring off of the band"??? Sorry bro, i am not sure what you are talking about. will that "Bypass this issue, or will i still have to get the bracket for it?????
This is my only form of transportation, so i'm kinda just looking for a "quick fix" untill i have the time to buy and install new bracket and switch.
Thanks alot bro

Good luck:::
"Cut the ring off of the band"??? Sorry bro, i am not sure what you are talking about. will that "Bypass this issue, or will i still have to get the bracket for it?????
This is my only form of transportation, so i'm kinda just looking for a "quick fix" untill i have the time to buy and install new bracket and switch.
Thanks alot bro

are you sure you know what you need, the switch is like a black box you take out four screws after taking it off the bike and inside you will see like a band with a ring around it you cut that ring off and that bypasses the tipover switch. you dont need a new bracket.

thanx alot Good luck... i'm about to try that, just lookin for a cross tip screwdriverLOL Thanks again... will let yall know how it turns out!!!
Rubber side down!!!

OMG!!!!!
What did you use to cut it???? it's like a really thick piece of metal in a very small area...
Would it work if i just glued or taped it in the middle????
Thanks!!!

Im willing to bet just tying the wire together wont fix the f1 ight...there may be a resistor or something of proper size that it reads, if its not damaged why not wire tie it to something that will hold it upright and facing forward..after all if you lay the bike down you dont want it to continue to run with no oil do you?

the reason it has a forward mark is because if you mount it sideways it would shut you down when you go up or down a hill

Last edited:
:beerchug::beerchug:OK:beerchug::beerchug:
Thanks alot guys!!! here's what i did...
1. I removed the switch assembly from the bike.
2. I opened up the switch using the four crosstip screws.
3. inside, you will find a small metal "U" with a ring going around it that travels from one end to the other.
4. i taped the ring at the bottom of the "U" so that it could not move.
5. Put it all back together... NO F1... RUNS GREAT!!!!!
This is just a temporary fix ofcourse untill you get whatever you need to fix it...
not having this switch could have your motor continue running with too little oil, or even worse... with a cracked and leaking gas tank!!!!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown:Thanks Goodluck and everyone else that helped out:bowdown::bowdown:
RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!!

wow you bypassed switch without finding out the code?

what if light was due to bad injector? or bad sensor....there is a reason light was on...

Yeah Golden Child...
I was mildly worried about that, but when i saw the switch just hanging there by the wires i kinda just figured that that was a good place to start.

Back