Buzz Aldrin Defending his honor

It's always good and proper when people understand there are consequences for their actions. that seems to be a lost ideology

I agree. I am a lawyer, but would only defend Buzz here. Not the other guy! He deserved it.

That would be awesome MrsOMSLAW. but is there a way to defend his physical actions? although we agree the guy incited it

Dude, you read stuff into my post. I never EVER said that it was "good and proper."

Don't be putting words into my mouth, pal.

--Wag--

I think one could infer that from what you did say, "Way to go, Buzz!" after saying, "Used to be if a guy called you a liar, you could shoot him dead on the spot". BTW, am I a dude or a pal?

that's what punching someone is for, isn't it? someone stands in your face, calls you a coward and liar - that is punch worthy isn't it? What other possible reason would anyone stand there and say that to someone? None. It screams "punch me"

MORE people should be punching idiots and media people

but guess what.... it becomes a LEGAL issue.... law suits, lawyers, etc etc etc etc

In the law exceptions exist for fighting words, and in this case I seriously doubt any magistrate would sign a warrant or any jury in a civil action would find for the azzhat.

the sack o chit must have heck of a life if that is all he has to do is run around calling the conspiracy theories on this stuff... (liberal I bet)..

wait till he finds out the billions spent on the Mars rovers were to run a couple RC units in a Texas warehouse with some really nice airbrush work on the walls... :rofl:

I think one could infer that from what you did say, "Way to go, Buzz!" after saying, "Used to be if a guy called you a liar, you could shoot him dead on the spot". BTW, am I a dude or a pal?

Again, dude, those are expressions of my opinion regarding his actions, not a statement of whether or not they are actually good or proper reactions. There may, in fact, be better ways to respond to an ******* like that guy but in my opinion, that was an action which I applaud for that scenario, not an assertion that it is either good or proper.

Is that clear now, pal?

BTW, in the other post I put up, I was really in a pissy mood. Didn't mean to come of so harsh, really.

Have a beer on me: :beerchug:

--Wag--

We only have laws to protect the weak and stupid. If the laws weren't so screwed up people would be much more polite.

That would be awesome MrsOMSLAW. but is there a way to defend his physical actions? although we agree the guy incited it

Sure, there are always ways to defend. All he has to do is prove he feared for his safety, and that he used justifiable force to counter it. In this case given the circumstances, I think he can prove that. I don't think they will even get it past the grand jury anyways! I think your question is more if there a way to justify his actions?? And, I think the comments in this thread say yes to that, too.

Sure, there are always ways to defend. All he has to do is prove he feared for his safety, and that he used justifiable force to counter it. In this case given the circumstances, I think he can prove that. I don't think they will even get it past the grand jury anyways! I think your question is more if there a way to justify his actions?? And, I think the comments in this thread say yes to that, too.

Play the video for the jury and they will give Buzz a standing ovation, then throw the book at the other idiot. :)

I say put that clown in a rocket and let him find out if we went to the moon or not. One way trip!!!!!

Way to go Buzz. :thumbsup:

speaking of moon landing conspiracy... how do those theorists have ANYTHING to stand on with that? WEAKEST theory I've ever heard: faked the landing and filmed it in a warehouse ? First, there was a movie in 1978 that fictionalized the whole theory and people probably believed it thanks to that. Next, there's these large rockets taking off in Florida that circle about awhile and come back on schedule, lives have been lost ON LAUNCH PADS, we put satellites up all the time, we fly jets at 35,000 feet, heck we even have private citizens building stratosphere planes at home for contests... is it really that much of a stretch to beleive we landed on the moon? There's just no reason for it. If it's faked, there would have to be a great reason - usually involving profit. Oh well, jsut seems SO STUPID to think it never happened

Back