Buying my first Busa

Whiskeyjack

Registered
Hi,
Great forum,
hope you can help
next week buying my first Busa.Hopefully an 08 reg (United Kingdom). The blurb in the brochure about the S-DMS selector says

A. normal power
B. adjusts torque to make power more linear
C.goes even further in making power delivery more inear across the entire rpm range.

What does that mean in real time....???? ..more linear ...????? :(
I,m not technicaly minded , just like riding.....

I'm not very technical either but what I've found from my experience is C is smoother with the throttle but much less power. I went into mode C one time for about 2 miles and I never went back. It's been A for me!! Congrats on the purchase if it happens. you'll love every minute of it

Thanks luvmybusa

I have a Honda 1000cc Firestorm at the moment.Really enjoyed it.But time to move up.The dealer let me test ride 2 year old demo Busa today. Went out for 4 hrs.Loved it. Only downside I have small hands, my left hand is sore with using the clutch around town.
Hope my hand toughens up...lol

Thanks alglag412,
was in Killington skiing a few years back.What a fantastic part of the world. Great , friendly people .

A = full power
B = one nut neutered....
C = Both of em chopped off....
:laugh:
Seriously, all it does is suck away the power so that WHOOOSH isn't felt upon opening the throttle just a tad. Think of linear as a straight line, normal acceleration on a Busa is far from linear. The modes de-tune the bike in essence to make it more civilized.

A, B, C...

A = full power
B = somewhere between A + C :laugh:
C = about 60% power

Test ride one first i,v just bought one, i have alot of vibration not happy i think i,v paid 8 grand for a dildo,my b-king was fine no problems at all . any one else got the same problem?

Read this somewhere
A 170+ whatever max HP is.
B 158 HP
C 115 HP

I have no idea if this is correct. Sounds and feels close.

Read this somewhere
A 170+ whatever max HP is.
B 158 HP
C 115 HP

I have no idea if this is correct. Sounds and feels close.

My 2008 Busa's certificate of origin stated 194.4 horses. I tried B and C modes for just a few minutes the first time I rode the bike, and they'll probably never be used again. She's very manageable and can be beauty or the beast in A mode, it's all up to your right wrist.

Wow, your hand hurt from the stock clutch. Don't ever try heavier springs then. Riding my Busa would make your hand fall off. :rofl:

Dealer tells me he has a 58 reg 300 miles on the clock coming in for me to look at.
Sounds good, but the colour is candy orange.Ive seen pictures but not seen the Busa in this colour on the road. Is it sickly, over the top, or does it look good....???

Last edited:
Back