Buying My First Ever Hayabusa

crohnmanx

Registered
I am turning 40 this May and planning to buy my first ever Hayabusa. However, I haven’t decided yet what model I should buy. I already checked out a few but can’t decide what to get, can you please give me some recommendations? Could you also please give me a price range so i would know how much i need. In case I need to take a loan, could you also recommend some firms that offers low interest rates, I’m from Sacramento California. Thanks!

I am turning 40 this May and planning to buy my first ever Hayabusa. However, I haven’t decided yet what model I should buy. I already checked out a few but can’t decide what to get, can you please give me some recommendations? Could you also please give me a price range so i would know how much i need. In case I need to take a loan, could you also recommend some firms that offers low interest rates, I’m from Sacramento California. Thanks!
I guess it hinges around whether you want a gen 1 (1999/2008)or gen 2 (2008>.and what you want to spend. Not sure what they sell for over there ,most that are stock standard usually are good buys,not thrashed. You might try talking to your bank if you've been there and have a good history with them and ask about a personal loan. What's your riding history?

I guess it hinges around whether you want a gen 1 (1999/2008)or gen 2 (2008>.and what you want to spend. Not sure what they sell for over there ,most that are stock standard usually are good buys,not thrashed. You might try talking to your bank if you've been there and have a good history with them and ask about a personal loan. What's your riding history?
Both gen 1&2 are good bikes

image.jpeg
Both gen 1&2 are good bikes

True, but the first generation are purdier.:)

If your going to take out a loan then you are not going to want to go much older than two or three years old. Just because it's easier to get a loan on a 2 year old bike than a 10 year old bike. As for price your looking at anywhere between 3000 and 14000.

Find one you like and post pics here and the guys will pick it apart for you and tell you what is worth.

Zook in Apple Valley California is listing his for sale , I think it's an 08 model

Bought my first Busa on ebay and the second one on Craigslist. Both just a few years old with low miles but half the cost of a new bike. It really all comes down to what you want and what you can afford. Great news is you have local access to some of the best motorcycling roads in the country right here in your own back yard so to speak, the Sierra Nevadas, Foothills & the Coast. Here are links to just a few, give a shout out this spring and maybe we can put together a group ride.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/saturday-solo-in-the-sierras.118496/

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/solo-test-flight.118095/

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/solo-ride-foresthill-rd-mosquito-ridge-rd.135346/

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/berryessa-and-beyond.130880/

284.jpg

Busa 1.jpg

Just for curiosity this is what we pay for a new 1
20170104_154405.jpg

Yeah, your bank is your first option for a loan. If interest is high, then look for an option. Good luck on your first bike!

Welcome to the forum. Everyone already gave you some good advice. How long you've been riding? If you are financing it, need to consider the cost of full coverage insurance too. If you decide to go with a new bike, suzuki usually offers 0% finance if your credit is good and they don't require full coverage insurance (I wouldn't risk not having full coverage though). There is plenty of good deals on used bikes out there and from 2008 (2nd generation) until now, the only changes was the addition of ABS brakes in 2013(?).

Good questions, look around and see if you want a stock bike, a bike with mods and if you want mods which ones and how much does it cost to add them. You might find a deal on a bike with what you are looking for that is already set up and ready to ride cheaper than buying a part at a time and adding to it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I haven't had time to look for good ones because I've been so busy with work. Anyway, my cousin told me that they have better auto loan rates in credit unions than in banks. I have a good credit rating plus I'm planning to use some of my savings to finance the purchase so I should be able to get a good rate.
And thanks for those Craigslist listing. I'm going to check them out now.

We need a dislike button.
20k+ for a new Busa!
I wonder what that converts to in U.S dollars?
I understand NZ is pretty remote other than Australia, and a has a much lower sales volume, but that seems like alot of extra money.
Not really bro. I looked at a 2016 model like mine at Chapparells , it was $15990 USD. sold exchange rate makes more expensive but the ZX14 Ninja sells here for $23995 NZD. also smaller market here.

Not really bro. I looked at a 2016 model like mine at Chapparells , it was $15990 USD. sold exchange rate makes more expensive but the ZX14 Ninja sells here for $23995 NZD. also smaller market here.

Yeah, those are California prices.
You can buy a new 2016 Busa here in Va for $11k or less...out the door

Back