Butler, PA

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
This is where I have landed and I understand there is a Bike Night at Quaker Steak and Lube not far from here on Thursday nights. Anyone want to go?

Wednesday nights are in QS&L Sharon, Pa and Thursdays really big one (one or two thousand bikes) is QS&L in Austintown, Ohio across from Biketown Harley Davidson. It's on the intersection of Route 46 and Interstate 76. Wardie

This is where I have landed and I understand there is a Bike Night at Quaker Steak and Lube not far from here on Thursday nights. Anyone want to go?

They have bike nights at all QS & L's in Pa during spring and summer. I am closest to the one in Bloomsburg and find myself there periodically. You gotta try the Atomic hot wings there, you have to sign a waiver first b4 eating though.

hey Racer, i'm up near erie, pa. i'll definitely cme down to a bike night & hang with ya, pm me
Posted via Mobile Device

hey Racer, i'm up near erie, pa. i'll definitely cme down to a bike night & hang with ya, pm me
Posted via Mobile Device
If the weather is right, I will head there around 6 I think.

They have bike nights at all QS & L's in Pa during spring and summer. I am closest to the one in Bloomsburg and find myself there periodically. You gotta try the Atomic hot wings there, you have to sign a waiver first b4 eating though.

Saw the Guy on Man Vs Food eat these and he said his FACE, not only his mouth, and other parts felt like they were ON FIRE :firedevil: ! The Cook even told him he would NEVER try to eat even one again (as his first and only try was 7 years ago) as he tended to learn from his mistakes :laugh:

The Atomics are brutal, it's sort of like eating the worm...you find yourself questioning your judgment for weeks after. "Oh my god...if I ate those things there's no telling what I might do if I get a few more beers in me."

There's a burger shop in Butler that serves the best greasy, non-fast food burgers you'll ever eat. Their name has changed a few times over the years and I can't remember exactly what they're called now, but it's on the main road coming off of 422 into Butler, there's a tire shop near by and a gas station across the street. Try a bacon cheeseburger with fries, they're juicy and delicious.

I'm about 30 minutes from the original Quaker Steak in Sharon, PA. Their bike nights are on Wednesday and I find myself there often. They Y103 DJs are annoying sometimes, and the wings aren't what they used to be, but they're pretty much the best you're going to find around here except for a few top secret local dives. Try the Arizona Ranch wings if you don't feel like setting your entire digestive system on fire.

An interesting side trip is to head across the Ohio line to the Yankee Lake Ballroom for their bike night, also on Wednesday nights. The crowd is a little rougher and more heavily bearded and tattooed, but everyone is welcome and there's amazing, greasy, terrible-for-you, county fair type food; slow races; gipsy hippy headshop vendors; and the live music is always better than listening to the 102.9 jockeys spin the same Bob Seger songs you've heard ten million times.

There's plenty of bike fun to be had around these parts, I'd join you and point out a few of the local hangouts, but I'm in Texas for the summer and don't know exactly when I'll return home.

Saw the Guy on Man Vs Food eat these and he said his FACE, not only his mouth, and other parts felt like they were ON FIRE :firedevil: ! The Cook even told him he would NEVER try to eat even one again (as his first and only try was 7 years ago) as he tended to learn from his mistakes :laugh:
I saw that too. I SO want to try them! That show is awesome!

OK so....There is a good possibility that it may be dry tonight. I am not sure where I am in relation to the rest of you. I am working at the Butler Crossings shopping center where Wal-Mart is off of New Castle Rd. Any place in particular you want to meet up?

I know all these places yall are talking about, cause I grew up there...enjoy the mountain roads while you are there Racer!! If you have to come to Hampton Roads we will take caer of you!! Oh, and say hi to the Steelers for me!!!

Forget the Atomic hot wings and go for some Gobs!

gobs-sm.jpg

It has been POURING for the last 2 hours. Guess there is no bike night tonight. Will try to hit one next Wednesday.

Back