Busa Touring Mods

hkrauss

Registered
I want to do a little touring on my '06 Limited Busa. Except for Yosh slip ons, bike is completely stock. I'm thinking about a Tobin seat, Genmar handlebar risers and bags. No idea on bags yet. Will certainly appreciate some advice.

Corbin makes a set of beetle bags but there are some better soft bags out there you might want to do a search on the board I know there have been posts about it

one word. Pashnit
bowdown.gif

Do the bars (Helibars (my preference) or Glenmars) , Brake lines (stainless steel, your feel after a long ride is unbelievable) for sure stopping, a seat (Tobin (my preference) or Corbin), pegs (I changed to TL1000R pegs that dropped the foot about 1/2 to 3/4 inch / or as some do, use the Buell pegs they drop the foot about 1 1/2 ") and bags. On the bags if your not going for weeks at at time I suggest the solf type and not the Corbin. Corbins are designed to STAY on the bike and not taken off. They're great for week after week of travel (not very big though, and if you want BIG you'll need Givi's-- THEY ARE HUGE and they detach fairly easy) but just for 2 to 3 days I would suggest Tourmasters or some other solf type of bag. And Throttlemeisters or some type of throttle control. They work wonders for those long straight roads to save your wrist and hand cramps from continually holding open the throttle. Other questions
rock.gif
, well we're here to answer, whether we know the answer or not
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,10:39) Do the bars (Helibars (my preference) or Glenmars) , Brake lines (stainless steel, your feel after a long ride is unbelievable) for sure stopping, a seat (Tobin (my preference) or Corbin), pegs (I changed to TL1000R pegs that dropped the foot about 1/2 to 3/4 inch / or as some do, use the Buell pegs they drop the foot about 1 1/2 ") and bags. On the bags if your not going for weeks at at time I suggest the solf type and not the Corbin. Corbins are designed to STAY on the bike and not taken off. They're great for week after week of travel (not very big though, and if you want BIG you'll need Givi's-- THEY ARE HUGE and they detach fairly easy) but just for 2 to 3 days I would suggest Tourmasters or some other solf type of bag. And Throttlemeisters or some type of throttle control. They work wonders for those long straight roads to save your wrist and hand cramps from continually holding open the throttle. Other questions
rock.gif
laugh.gif
+ 1 what he said

After getting lost in Holand, add SatNav to your list
beerchug.gif

Ventura Bag!
You can carry enough junk with you for a couple of days!

wheels_pics_020.jpg

(burnschevy @ Jul. 05 2007,10:47)
(DaCol. @ Jul. 05 2007,10:39) Do the bars (Helibars (my preference) or Glenmars) , Brake lines (stainless steel, your feel after a long ride is unbelievable) for sure stopping, a seat (Tobin (my preference) or Corbin), pegs (I changed to TL1000R pegs that dropped the foot about 1/2 to 3/4 inch / or as some do, use the Buell pegs they drop the foot about 1 1/2 ") and bags. On the bags if your not going for weeks at at time I suggest the solf type and not the Corbin. Corbins are designed to STAY on the bike and not taken off. They're great for week after week of travel (not very big though, and if you want BIG you'll need Givi's-- THEY ARE HUGE and they detach fairly easy) but just for 2 to 3 days I would suggest Tourmasters or some other solf type of bag. And Throttlemeisters or some type of throttle control. They work wonders for those long straight roads to save your wrist and hand cramps from continually holding open the throttle. Other questions
rock.gif
laugh.gif
+ 1 what he said
What they said
tounge.gif

(rockadaous @ Jul. 05 2007,08:57) one word. Pashnit
bowdown.gif
Word.
super.gif

This man makes a living riding a Busa hundreds of miles every day giving motorcycle tours of Northern California- if he likes it, it works.

Add a Ventura bag for load carrying. Used one for a 5 day trip through Belgium and Germany this June 2010.

European Trip 192.jpg

Back