Busa touring "KIT"

gamli

Registered
Hi there, I want to do some mod on my 2008 Busa to be able to tour on it some 4 weeks.
I'm thinking steering raiser or a new handlebar, changing positions of foot rest (lowering it) and some hard bags. Any suggestions ?
Gamli

Hey Gamli, Here is what I have done to my bike and it's a huge improvement.

Bar risers from soupys - Soupys motorcycle parts,motorcycle lowering kits, SOUPY'S SINGLE STYLE THREADED LOWERING LINK,SOUPY'S DOUBLE STYLE RAISING LINKS,SOUPY'S KAWASAKI ZX14 LOWERING LINKS,SOUPY'S HORSESHOE STYLE LOWERING LINK,SOUPY'S NINJA 250 FRONT LOWERING KIT,HAYABUSA - cheap and they raise the bars an inch. And the inch makes a huge difference.

Top luggage rack and Givi adapter from twisted throttle - TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08-) for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases - GPT.05.576.100.B - they also make side racks for the Busa as well.

MRA Vario Touring Screen - TwistedThrottle.com : MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield for Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08- - MRA.05.055.VT - It can be adjusted to put the wind over the top of your helmet for full protection.

Corbin Saddle - Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Suzuki GSXR Motorcycles | 800-538-7035 - A must for long distance riding, at least for me.

Only thing left on my todo list is the lowered footpegs from Buell. Search the forums, someone sells a kit.

i was going to say, helibars, buell pegs, zero gravity touring screen, and a corbin seat

Check out the Pashnit site. Tim is a sponsor and touring is what he does for a living. Great guy with plenty of experience. Shoot him a PM :thumbsup:

I have the Gen-Mar risers, Buell pegs, Corbin Beetle bags and Corbin seat. I tried the ZG double bubble screen but it didn't work well with the Corbin seat. The Corbin seat is a bit lower than the stock seat and the DB directed to much wind on my head.

all the above, except the seat. just wear bicycle shorts under your pants and advil, served me fine for 17hrs in the saddle.

I suggest a light smoke/clear puig screen,helibars,buell peg mod,custom tank(with bladder),matching saddlebags and a custom seat all of which we can do for you..lmk if interested

someone should put together a package deal that includes all that stuff at a steep discount. call it a comfort stimulus...

someone should put together a package deal that includes all that stuff at a steep discount. call it a comfort stimulus...

Yeah... I pretty much do the exact same mods to every bike I own, so a package deal would work for me.

Raised Bars
Touring Screen
Seat
Luggage Rack
Lowered Pegs

Now that the comfort mods are done it's time to get cracking on fabricating my fuel cell :cheerleader:

Well, that would mean about 3 more gallons in the auxiliary tank. That would be nice for riding in the desert.

Back