Busa Stampede Planning Meeting (Reno) w/pix

Hey, thought-master...many, many considerations are being taken before figuring out the date. Once the date is announced, THAT'S THAT. There will be no changing it, and no amount of whining will matter.

I know you appreciate how tenuous this can be...as the motorsports world is packed with events all year long. We don't want to step on a MotoGP weekend, for example, nor do we want to schedule it on the same weekend as the Fall Bash... See where I'm going with this?

A thousand thank you's, oh patient one.

Yes, I can appreciate the work and planning that must go into such an undertaking. That is why I am surprised that there would be much talk about the location without at least a target time of year. I already know that you can't negotiate hotel rates without identifying a date.

If you seek no whinning after the announcement, perhaps you should seek input before the decision. Without dates and location, the discussion is sort of a mean tease. But I am sure you have a process. Do your thang! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Yes, I can appreciate the work and planning that must go into such an undertaking. That is why I am surprised that there would be much talk about the location without at least a target time of year. I already know that you can't negotiate hotel rates without identifying a date.

If you seek no whinning after the announcement, perhaps you should seek input before the decision. Without dates and location, the discussion is sort of a mean tease. But I am sure you have a process. Do your thang! :bowdown:

This is the 2nd thread on the Reno trip...he should have just added to the 1st one :banghead:

This is the 2nd thread on the Reno trip...he should have just added to the 1st one :banghead:

The reason I didn't add this thread to the original "Convergence" thread (I thought about it) is because the title of that thread harkens our convergence and nothing more. It is not specific enough to the Event. I'm sure you'll agree with my rationale...

These mini-announcements are simply designed to gauge interest levels.

I hope everyone can make it. When the website is up and running, an official announcement will be made.

We do, indeed, have our methods, and we are, indeed, doing our 'thang'.

:whistle:

War and I have selected what we think will be a solid date...just this very morning. We're checking a few more entities before making an announcement.

Last edited:
These mini-announcements are simply designed to gauge interest levels.

Well I am very interested.....at least as interested as I can be without any idea of even the month it would be in. Not being critical, but you will get a very unrealistic gauge of interest without two details....approximate location (apparently Reno) and at least the month.

But no hurry unless it will be within the next couple of months. :cheerleader:

EDIT....just checked out the link and it says Fall of 2009. That is plenty enough info for me to say I am very interested. I will wait for more details.

Last edited:
Well I am very interested.....at least as interested as I can be without any idea of even the month it would be in. Not being critical, but you will get a very unrealistic gauge of interest without two details....approximate location (apparently Reno) and at least the month.

But no hurry unless it will be within the next couple of months. :cheerleader:

62: If you'll clink in the above post, you'll find it late summer/early autumn, '09.

Everyone gets the better part of a year to save their pennies. :beerchug:

Oh, WTH...here's the clinkeroo again ==> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/95165-scar-warchild-converging-reno.html

EDIT....just checked out the link and it says Fall of 2009. That is plenty enough info for me to say I am very interested. I will wait for more details.

If the response is good, perhaps consider contacting Guiness Book of World Records. Doesn't Austrailia claim the largest gathering of Hayabusas ever?

Last edited:
If the response is good, perhaps consider contacting Guiness Book of World Records. Doesn't Austrailia claim the largest gathering of Hayabusas ever?

I've never heard that...would be interesting, fo sheezie.

It's gonna be a big'un.

:beerchug:

I've never heard that...would be interesting, fo sheezie.

It's gonna be a big'un.

:beerchug:

:rofl::rofl:

Good Luck :thumbsup:

I don't know what the record is, but the West Coast peeps are not gonna set a new one :rofl:

I live here so I'll more or less pass on to late readers of this and first thread pertaining to a date for the Stampede. Scar and Warchild are well aware of the fact that the month of September in these parts is pretty much taken up by, to begin with, Labor Day weekend, The Air Races, Camel Races, Balloon Races and last, but certainly not least, the dreaded Street Vibrations (more Harleys than you have ever seen in one place). October is a crap shoot (pun intended) in that you could be traveling over the mountain passes with the white stuff slapping you in the face. That pretty much, IMO, leaves the latter part of August as the only feasable option, although temps in the mid 90s will more than likely be on the menu. Whatever the boys come up with, I'm sure it's gonna be a blast to remember!!

Last edited:

On the Busa Stampede web site (after registrations start pouring in), I will populate a Google map of the USA with the home towns of attendees.

I've actually been hosting these large motorcycle Gatherings for many years now, and it's kinda interesting to see the number of red balloons "grow" on the Google map as the Event date approaches... :agree:

We do plan on special door prizes for this event, and one of them will be for the attendee who rides the farthest to attend Busa Stampede.... :thumbsup:

Back