Busa Recommendations

Kainedogg

Registered
My name is Kaine and I am basically a first time poster and top speed junky (Hi, Kaine) I presently have an '04 Yamaha R1 and an '05 Suzuki GSX-R 1000. I am presently in the market for a 1st Gen Hayabusa and am open to suggestions as far as model year differences. Also if anyone happens to reside in or near Atlanta and has one for sale then great. I am pleased to be here among such a warm and knowledgeable crowd.

Kaine

03 and newer have the bugs fixed. I would suggest the black/silver from 05 if you want the fastest...
lurk.gif

here we go. welcome to the boards. I'd recommend the copper
thumb_up.gif

or the fastest color pearl white (bugs all worked out)

smaller1__2_.JPG

I'd agree with the black/silver, but the '03 version. That thing looks fast just sittin' there.

post_6_95614_Baby_J__29_Jun_08____5.jpg

I see you guys are all comics
beerchug.gif

What bugs are we speaking about exactly? Definately paying cash so that limits me to no more than an '03 probably. Why is one model faster than the other if they all had the same basic motor and electronics?

I see you guys are all comics  
beerchug.gif

What bugs are we speaking about exactly?  Definately paying cash so that limits me to no more than an '03 probably.  Why is one model faster than the other if they all had the same basic motor and electronics?
They are all fast. Just a little fun we like to have. A base model in any year is the same as any other.

here is the fastest color
smile.gif

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i26.photobucket.com/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http%3A%2F%2Fvid26.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc108%2Fshadiguy1%2F63027721.pbr&amp;hostname=stream26.photobucket.com">

By 03 the clutch, starter, fuel pump, and ECU had all been updated. 03-07 are mainly color changes, flash to pass and hazards added.

Welcome to the madness, and may I suggest the 06 Limited, pearl white/silver. Not only the fastest color but the coolest to the touch when parked in the sun on a hot summer day!!
beerchug.gif

Brand spanking new.. and any color will do..
laugh.gif
I would go with that too... used sport bikes are a crap shoot IMHO... never know what kind of life they had and with this bike, it could be a low miler that never saw anything but the race track a 1/4 mile at a time..

welcome.gif
I'm sure that you'll be happy with what-ever color in an 03 and up. Just get what you can get the best deal on, for the condition. Take your time and shop around.

Back