Busa touring comfort?

FJRrider

Registered
Hello

This summer I plan to buy an 06 Busa.

I currently own a 2002 Honda 919 (24,000 miles),
a 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300 (8200 miles)
and used to own a 2005 Yamaha R1 (4200 miles).

I sold the R1 and bought the FJR because I ride such long distances and it was too uncomfortable.  I am afraid that I am being lured very strongly by the Falcon and I am 90% sure I will add one to the stable this summer.  My only hesitation is this :

Can I spend 6-8 hours in the saddle of the Busa and be able to do it again the next day?  Is anyone using theirs for long distance riding/commuting?  

I know that the guy who established pashnit.com tours on a Busa but would like as much feedback (good or bad) from day to day Busa riders from this forum regarding this issue.

Thanks and keep riding!

For me the Busa is as comfy as a cadallac. The only mods I need to do to improve the comfort level is to get a throttlemiester and a tobin seat.

I commute a hour and a half one way to work and on several occasions have spent 7 to 9 hours a day on her with no complaints...
cool.gif

by the way I'm 5'11" and tip the scale at 230.

.... where are my manners....
blush.gif

Welcome to the maddness....
beerchug.gif

newbie.gif

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: "wrong smilie..."|1131203570 -->

welcome to the org. i put 180 miles round trip to work and i can honestly say that the only thing that starts to hurt is my wrists. i am 6'2" 250lbs. and my bike is pretty much bone stock. i would consider the throtlemeister which raises the bars about an inch. the seat in my opinion is very comfortable especially compared to an r1. good luck!
smile.gif

I only get to "tour" once or so a year..the rest of my riding consists of 1 hr to full day rides.
I love my bike. Very comfy for me. Our last 2 dayer I took was about 940 miles....I could have easily kept going...no problem.

My guess, however, is that it won't be as comfortable as your FJ.
Btw, I am about 5'11", 210 lbs

Welcome ! I went across the country on my 02. 37 states 9000 miles . just wish I had a thottlemister. Other than that works great for touring.

For me (6'0" 190lbs) the Busa works great for the long haul rides...I just finished riding a 900 mile loop to Oregon and back...mine is stock and I spent one day in the saddle for 9 hours and was ready for more the second day...A throttle lock would be nice though and maybe a touring screen...ya know, in 07 there are supposed to be some changes to the Busa package but as they are now it's all good!...I think this is the best cycle package I have ever owned...it's very comfortable and rock steady reliable for me...It's good to bond with your Busa on long trips
wink.gif

i would consider the throtlemeister which raises the bars about an inch. the seat in my opinion is very comfortable especially compared to an r1. good luck!
smile.gif
just an FYI the throttlemeister is a throttle control device....Helibars are what raise the and open the hand position a bit.

+1 on the stock seat being comfy...I ever prefer the stock seat over my Tobin for longer trips.

Buell footpegs are big +++ for legroom! Only 25.00 too!
(do a search in the forums for the discussions)

beerchug.gif

I picked up mine a month ago, and was riding a Ducati. But I do mostly highway riding, and it's much more comfortable than the Monster. Stock seat is great (Suzuki sells gel seat); I'm also surprised how my wrists do not hurt after a day's ride. It's a great sportsbike-cruiser. Welcome; you'll find this site to the best thing off of two wheels.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I have to have personal restraint not to go get a Busa right now. Come Summertime the Busa is mine! I sat on one yesterday at the dealer. I would swear it was calling my name. Seemed to be real comfortable for a sport bike. I am looking forward to DEVOURING freeway miles on a Busa.

Thanks for all the replies so far.  I have to have personal restraint not to go get a Busa right now.  Come Summertime the Busa is mine!  I sat on one yesterday at the dealer.  I would swear it was calling my name.  Seemed to be real comfortable for a sport bike.  I am looking forward to DEVOURING freeway miles on a Busa.
WARNING!!!! the "busa" may cause: infatuation, obsession, divorce, and an occasional conversation w/ the bike.
face7.gif

This is So True!
WARNING!!!! the "busa" may cause: infatuation, obsession, divorce, and an occasional conversation w/ the bike.

Welcome to the board.

I doubt the busa will outshine the fjr as a dedicated sport touring rig, unless you have specific, not easily fixable, things you dislike about the fjr. IMHO the busa's very comfortable on long rides, as long as helibars and/or a riser is used. I also highly recommend a throttlemeister to help stave off hand numbness. Unfortuneately, vibration through the bars from 4-5k rpms is a busa trait (the heavy throttlemeister/bar end helped considerably). I like the stock windscreen b/c it lets enough wind through to help support my upper body at 80+ mph. I also consider it mandatory to aim the headlamps (the low beam tends to be set way too low from the factory.)

Back