Busa power

With the set up you are talking I would say 185-190 rear wheel HP...1397 with the
right builder will see 200-220 HP

Just spray it and be done with it
wink.gif

polish/port= not much. maybe =+2-5
that's extremely pessimistic.
I gained +9HP with my port&polish...and 1mm oversize valves on a 1990 gsxr1000 motor.
I went from 121hp to 152hp overall....just with head work (degreed cams/P&P/1mm valves) - aries 1186 (up from 1089) and some 41mm Kehin DDs(38mm CVs were stock). I still have scan of the dyno sheets here somewhere....just before we tweaked the cams and re-jetter her...it read about 149 then.

I imagine the busa is just 'waiting' to breath a little more as well.
Especially with all of the advancements over the past 15 years!

If they can get 200HP out of the gsxr750 displacements just by using "hand picked" oem parts....then 200 on the busa would seem plausable.

you are right tho that the $$$ will place him in the range of a turbo.... but if he really want's to "appear" stock...then this is the route he must follow.

Look at it this way:

Stock Busa=150-155rwhp
cams=        +5-10 rwhp (depending on adjustment/degree)
polish/port=  not much. maybe =+2-5
Exhaust=     +5-12 rwhp (depending on           mappings/dynotune/pcIII application, etc).
Pistons/non-bb= not much gain

lookin at 175-180 rwhp max. And that's pretty generous with REALLY GOOD TUNING.

You want 200 rwhp all motor? Go 1397 w/full exhaust, dyno tune/mapping, airbox mod, BMC race filter and Yosh Stage 1 cams. You're gonna pay more than a turbo kit (stage 1) for this setup.
is that the set up to go with if you are dragging it? Would you want to do this for everyday riding? Just wondering. It is tempting to get as much muscle as possible, but if you dont race, when would you ever need it?

Look at it this way:

Stock Busa=150-155rwhp
cams=        +5-10 rwhp (depending on adjustment/degree)
polish/port=  not much. maybe =+2-5
Exhaust=     +5-12 rwhp (depending on           mappings/dynotune/pcIII application, etc).
Pistons/non-bb= not much gain

lookin at 175-180 rwhp max. And that's pretty generous with REALLY GOOD TUNING.

You want 200 rwhp all motor? Go 1397 w/full exhaust, dyno tune/mapping, airbox mod, BMC race filter and Yosh Stage 1 cams. You're gonna pay more than a turbo kit (stage 1) for this setup.
is that the set up to go with if you are dragging it? Would you want to do this for everyday riding? Just wondering. It is tempting to get as much muscle as possible, but if you dont race, when would you ever need it?
If you don't race or don't need it, then your just blowing your money away
down.gif
. Because you'll never see your results !! It would be better to spend your $$$ on comfort and Bling mods for the same or LESS cost
idea.gif
! Just My .02  
beerchug.gif

I agree. The all motor thing would be great for roadcourse. But I think the money would be better spent on suspension upgrades, brakes, rotors, racebodywork, etc. Turbos ususally see the drag strip or top end runs. Everyday street riding is just straight overkill. Just pipe, pc, airbox mod, cams (if you must) and tune and you'll blow away just about anything on the street. Now that would be a true sleeper package for minimal amount of damage on the checkbook.

It is tempting to get as much muscle as possible, but if you dont race, when would you ever need it?
Exactly. When/if you ever do a track day, you'll find that the Busa has more power than you'll ever need. In fact, all it will do is just waste the tire away unless you know how to properly plant all of that tire to the ground using proper technique and throttle control. Its all rider with the right machine tuning.

Now drag racing is a different story.....

uhhh i was thinking of adding some vjet rockets i picked up from the army/navy surplus store...got them real cheap...you think this might help add to my rideablity without being that noticible?
tounge.gif

thanks for the advice, i think i am goin to do it, i researched it a bit more and it looks like they say 200 hp can be expected, i am dropping the bike off today and he said 10 days till its done so i will let you know the results

thanks for the advice, i think i am goin to do it, i researched it a bit more and it looks like they say 200 hp can be expected, i am dropping the bike off today and he said 10 days till its done so i will let you know the results
How much are they charging for this? And also post the dyno sheets when its done!!

It can be done just depends on the guy doing to the work. Hell Lee shierts got over 200hp from a GSXR1000 streetbike with no spray or turbo and the World Superbikes are making around 225 I hear. This is but one example.

This is a link to Big CC racing in the UK. I am sure there are places stateside that will show equal gains. If ya got the dough!
http://www.bigccracing.com/welcome.asp?page=39

he is charging me 4100 for everything which is Port and polish head, cams, 13:1 pistons. power comander, full highmount yoshi tri exhaust, k&n air filter, gut air box, new tire and tune. it should be pretty quick

I agree. The all motor thing would be great for roadcourse. But I think the money would be better spent on suspension upgrades, brakes, rotors, racebodywork, etc. Turbos ususally see the drag strip or top end runs. Everyday street riding is just straight overkill. Just pipe, pc, airbox mod, cams (if you must) and tune and you'll blow away just about anything on the street. Now that would be a true sleeper package for minimal amount of damage on the checkbook.
Thanks for the info.

I looked at your myspace.
Looks like your doing it to an 03 Black/ Grey Busa.
You just buy that ?
How many owners and miles on her ?

no i got it new in 04 winter with zero miles on it, its got a little over 4000 miles on it now. why do you ask...?

I will for sure post the dyno info as soon as i get it, thanks for the advise everyone
-Fletcher

Looked real nice in the picture at myspace
Just figured it was new to you.
I know now that it just took you a while to find the best Hayabusa Board in the world.
I had that exact year and color till Thanksgiving of 04.
It's great that you are modding yours out this way, wish I was in Michigan to see the finished product.
Looking to spice mine up after riding season too.
Thought a turbo is what I would go with.
But maybe not.

Back