Busa power

The Fletch

Registered
few questions, i am thinking of doing some engine work, port and polish head-cams-pistons(not big bore), air filter, full exhaust, and power comander, tre. what kind of gains are expected? i would like to be around 200-210 rear wheel hp. if this wont do it i am looking at a turbo. i would rather do the motor work though.
Thanks -Fletcher

The only thing is that turbo's make a little more power than i am looking for. i herd like 230 270 from a stage one kit. plus i want the bike to be a sleeper kind of, it is stock height and no cosmetic mods. you can tell when a bike has a turbo.

stage 1 velocity turbo?
+1, if your expecting this at the rear wheels, I doubt the work you have discribed will even get you near that. Your looking at adding 45 to 55 HP at the rear which would translate to about 70 additional horses at the crank to get 200 to 210 HP from a stock engine at the rear wheels
wink.gif

GO TURBO ! Then you could crank it up even more whenever you want to put a big  
biggrin.gif
on your face  
race.gif

You expect a 40 - 50 hp gain from those mods ?
Probably the very expensive way to go about it.
Turbo is the jump to make in my opinion for the best overall bang for the buck.
But, Who am I ?
Do it your way and don't forget to add a 50 NOS shot to that list.

does anyone think that those hp gains are realalistic? this guy that wants to build it for me said thats what to expect, just want some other opinions

you dont think head cam pistons full exhaust tuned is 40-50hp at the wheel? what kind of a gain woudl it be then
With that light engine and exhaust work, I'd say maybe 20 to 25 hp at the rear wheel ! And depending on who did the head work and the type of exhaust by matching the MAP, Exhaust, Head Work, Air Filter Mod., etc: that's a big MAYBE ! Remember you'll lose at least 10 to 15% of your crank HP going to the rear, so JUST DO THE MATH  
umnik.gif

that kinda sux, this guy is full of #### then. He said that it would be 200 at the wheel. He was going to port and polish the head(send it out) higher compression pistons, cam, full yoshi tri single side high mount exhaust,K&n airfilter, power comander, tre, and thinner head gasket to bump up the compression even a bit more. It seemed realistic to me but i dont knwo much about bikes(motors) which is why i joined this site. he was goin to charge me 4000 out the door for everything too which wasnt too bad i though either. the cheapes turbo kit i found was like 3700 still have to get a power comander and labor to put it on too

Why don't you look up one of the members in the TRUBO section of our site. PM one of them with your questions on $$$$, builder and all about a Turbo. Some of these guys are MASTER MACHANICS at bike engines
wink.gif
. Then you can get $$$ for both ways. But to match a TURBO power, your going to have to spend MUCHO MUCHO $$$$ to even come close with a normally asperated engine
beerchug.gif

i am not trying to make that much power i only want to be around 200 at the wheel a turbo makes more than i want even at like 6lbs so i think i wanted to do motor work. how do i find the "turbo" section on this site?

Go back to the Hayabusa Board page (click top left of this page) , then scroll down the page until you get to the TURBO topic post section. Has Turbo, Nitros, and other costly
laugh.gif
engine stuff
biggrin.gif

you should check with a few guys on the Psychobike.com boards for a streetable 200+HP combo . I've been told that a 1397cc kit will get 200+HP all day lng on pump gas and very streetable all day long . Even heard of a few stock bore hi compression combos doing it too .

does anyone think that those hp gains are realalistic? this guy that wants to build it for me said thats what to expect, just want some other opinions
No not with those mods,,,, With a bigbore, Je 1397, web cams, Full pipe and pc3r, and a real good tuner maybe.
I have a KWS Je 1397, with 2 stock intake cams and ive got 185ish!

it is all up to you but these guys on this site know there stuff if you can do it i am sure it has been tried by someone on the org. but it does sound to me like the turbo and maybe a little laughing gas for insurance is the way to go.
vader1.gif

yosh cams (or some like web cams)....a good port/polish ....JE 13:1 piston (stock bore) full exhaust... air box mod with shorties and mapped properly will get you in the 185+ neighborhood.

you add some race gas...or oxygenated fuels and your in the 190-195 range ...but 200 is a bit of a strech.

very much of it depends on the builder.... if he/she quoted you a number...be sure they are willing to back it up.

so many people these days think releasing HP is a "drop in" procedure ....good engine builders are also good tuners...but too many don't take the time to be both.

BTW 185rwhp in a Busa...will simply W A L K away form anything even remotely close to a stock Busa.

Look at it this way:

Stock Busa=150-155rwhp
cams=        +5-10 rwhp (depending on adjustment/degree)
polish/port=  not much. maybe =+2-5
Exhaust=     +5-12 rwhp (depending on           mappings/dynotune/pcIII application, etc).
Pistons/non-bb= not much gain

lookin at 175-180 rwhp max. And that's pretty generous with REALLY GOOD TUNING.

You want 200 rwhp all motor? Go 1397 w/full exhaust, dyno tune/mapping, airbox mod, BMC race filter and Yosh Stage 1 cams. You're gonna pay more than a turbo kit (stage 1) for this setup.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145255242 -->

Back