busa make a good everyday bike?

bigjoe87865

Registered
hi... iv been riding a cbr 600 for about a year... 12kmiles total...

and i have sold it..
--

anyways.. i wanted to buy another bike and have decided to go with a liter bike... not because of the speed or anything... but because they are better for commuting... lower RPMS... less vibration... and etc *mostly highway commuting*

i want to know... how expensive the busa can be... and if the busa would be right for me.... * i have ridden one for about 20 miles*... i liked the feel... the minimal wind and the smoothness .... and how often the maintance work intervals are... how long a chain lasts..
and gas mileage...

a busa,1000rr are on my list... *i still want something that looks like a sports bike... *

Also... are there any weak spots on a busa?.... some factory related problems... that are common with all busas?

and do they have a good track record for lasting long?... close to honda reliability?...

not just talking about high mileage... but talking about high mileage with only routine maintanance... no major problems.

Makes a GREAT EVERYDAY BIKE. That's the real thing I miss about her.

The only weakness I found is controlling the throttle hand and staying within a *reasonable* speed limit.
laugh.gif

This has been asked a thousand times before. Check the search forums.

However, to save yout the trouble (and perpetuate more non-search related questions...)

Yes, the Hayabusa is an all around good bike. Good touring (not as good as a Wing), good cornering (not as good as true litre), and great speed. Stupid amounts of speed.

Mind bending.
Vision bluring.
Tunnel creating.
Hyper touring.
God.
Dam*.
Greatest.
Fu**ing.
Motorcycle that I have ever thrown a leg over.

Hope that helps...

great bike, i've had mine for over a year.

i believe first 2 years of production there were recalls, not sure...

I ride mine every day. Almost can't stand to get off of it.

--Wag--

I think I've done EVERYTHING you can do on a bike, on my busa - except stunt - and it does it all wonderfully. other's can stunt it just fine too.
smile.gif

I use mine as daily driver, work bike and just got back from 440 mile ride and another 200 miles cruising around with buddies and felt great after trip. Have made 700 mile round trip cruises too on it. I would not try that on 1000rr.

Gas Mileage is tricky. I've gotten as much as 44mpg on straight highway riding on one tank. I've also gotten 34mpg while I commuted through stop and go local traffic. In about 1,200 miles, I'm averaging about 34-35mpg according to the fuel milage gauge. Commuting is fun as long as you can actually move.

one thing nice about the busa is after market support , there is tons out there for this bike....u can make it a sport tourer really easy if u want only bad thing about it is if u like to accelerate ur tires tend to go fast but its fun doing it ....i got mine about a month ago and i love it

beerchug.gif

Do this.

Sit on a 1000 for 15 minutes.

Then sit on a Busa for 15 minutes.

Busa sold.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

I have ridden a 1000RR, and felt like a monkey perched on top of the handlebars compared to the Busa. Got on the Busa and felt like my arms stretched out, and I sat upright and relaxed. NO comparison as far as everyday comfort. If you want to indulge in more comfort, you can mount higher handlebars, a Tobin seat to lower your butt into the bike, and footpegs to put your feet farther away and more extended. And STILL have a bike that looks sexy as hell!!
super.gif

bowdown.gif

(Nekosohana @ Sep. 10 2007,17:24) This has been asked a thousand times before.  Check the search forums.

However, to save yout the trouble (and perpetuate more non-search related questions...)

Yes, the Hayabusa is an all around good bike.  Good touring (not as good as a Wing), good cornering (not as good as true litre), and great speed.  Stupid amounts of speed.

Mind bending.
Vision bluring.
Tunnel creating.
Hyper touring.
God.
Dam*.
Greatest.
Fu**ing.
Motorcycle that I have ever thrown a leg over.

Hope that helps...
Yeah what he said.  
Greatest bike I've ever had the pleasure to ride.  I use mine for mostly commuting, it has never let me down, never been disappointed in it, never regretted buying it, never regretted a single ride I've ever taken.  

And never been beat.  
super.gif

The early years '99-'02 I believe there were some recalls.  But nothing since then, near perfection at least through '07.  The '08s are brand new, so nobody knows yet.    

Keep it safe.  
beerchug.gif

Excellent bike whether riding the twisty Tail of the Dragon or cruising 450 miles down the Interstate and anything in between
beerchug.gif

I've gotten as high as 45.5mpg, and as low as 28.0mpg. Depends on how might right hand you give her.

ok.. so pretty much everyone says that its a good bike to ride everyday...

can you guys answer my other question?

how long do the tires last... for normal commuting?... and spirited sunday rides.

how long are the service intervals?.... valves , forks , air filter , plugs

other than recalls... are busas known for any kinda issue going bad?... like the frame problem on gsxrs , second gear on yamahas.... something like that

Are there people on this site with some major miles on their busa... by only doing their routine maintenance.... no major problem or breakdowns?...

im just trying to see how much money the busa will take up if i use it as a daily driver.... biggest concern tires... i get mixed answers... some say 6000 miles on their sport touring.... some say 2000 miles on their pilot ppowers.... etc...

and you guys have actually taken the busa to the gap!?... wow... it didnt feel heavy or anything?....did you guys drag knees?

Back