Busa Killer 1974

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
Here are a few pic's of my winter Busa Killer Kawaski----Project---all 400cc's. She runs--I r&r'd the carbs and the petcock----idles all day long--and even sounds angry- when blipping the throttle. How do i mount this large turbo and are there any kit's out there to make it all work.  
drooling3.gif

Ps the gasoline in it looked as orange as a Pumpkin---maybe sat for ten years----did a smokey burnout--today no lie

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130946850 -->

evidence_of_burnout.JPG

Sheez --I am wasted space right now--Happy Halloween to all

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "changed 1 letter"|1130812344 -->

heheh....looks pretty interesting Pace...

Diggin that turbo....but is it for that application?

and no....I don't think you're gonna have enough traction. 300 fat kit sound good?
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Thanx Pac--- I spent many hours today to clean the carbs---at first i did not think she was gonna run---viola---May be a ride for my wife or a strange commuter for me--leave it unrestored and ride.
8k miles on it and got it free.

Looks to me like with the big turbo it might spool a little late. Better shoot some nitrous into the turbo to help it spool up. Make sure the spokes are tight too. May need some clutch mods, and better rods...both of them. Also, always carry enough money for the bus trip home.

No matter how bad some of the "older" bikes look, it's always cool to see them still out on the road.
cool.gif

Thanks gang---I fired it up this morning-- very cold - 32 degrees---warmed it up and idles perfect.
Pace's secret carb sync method---The shafts were stuck as was one slide. After some spray and a little hammer work it all freed up, Oh no i could see it was way out of sync..
Held the carbs up to the sun and adjusted so the same amount of light was coming though .
wow.gif

I don't think you wanna try that turbo thats for a cat or cummins diesel engine I don't think that bike could handle the pressure diesel engines do, I've seen those turbos push 40+ lbs of manifold pressure depending on the engine

My cuz had a 500 tripple 2 stroke and that mutha was a bad boy in it's day. Just dont try an turn, it didnt like turns.
wow.gif

Hey Ralph let me know when u r comin this way. - Kent

Do what you have to do to get the Busa on the road again.1974 Kawa--
left rear passenger peg finds new home Ha!

1974_part.JPG

Back