Busa For B King Trade

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
What do you guys think? My Busa for a buddy's B King.
Around here you can't sell a Busa if your life depended on it,I'm thinking the BKing could be even worse.So there's re-sale. I love my Busa but my body is so busted up I may need a more relaxed riding style especially for touring. Am I making a mistake? Or facing reality? Down in the U.S. Busa's always sell for more correct? You guys know I like my bike goodies and there doesn't seem to be a ton on ebay for the King. Another thing is the name...who came up with that? Does it have some significance?

Thoughts guys....

Rubb.

.....2 sexy girls....

Rubb Rubb.

b&B.jpg

If someone offered me a a trade like that I would take it in a heartbeat. After removing the most of the several thousands I have on aftermarket parts on my busa but, I think bkings are badass.

Rubb buy a LSL kit , and call it good there is a gen 1 lsl kit for sale on e bay .

B-King was the shortened version of "Boost King" as the original concept bike had a supercharged Hayabusa engine in it. When the production bike was released normally aspirated, the name was modified.

It's still the Busa-King to me. :thumbsup:

I would consider a swap if one came my way, as much as l like my flat bar kit the ergos/scalloping on the King work way better - to me.

You said, "for touring" so you have to figure a way to bungee/net on a tail bag. I use a 22" on my Busa right on the seat behind me. That, with a small tank bag is good for ten days or more on the road. I replaced the bungee bolts with longer ones for the net hooks. Very stable and still skinny. No unsightly, side bags or gawd forbid, a fugly azz top box hanging off the rear way up in the air. How about handling. Is the front end the same? Same rake and trail etc? I just returned from a 700 mile round trip up the coast hiway to the Giant Redwoods and back and the Busa is THE Uber Sports Touring machine. Craving...strafing....attacking the three digit sweepers on 101 with giant redwoods lining the road on either side.....will the BKing lean over at speed and still be stable?

B-King front end is slightly more raked out than the Hayabusa for stability (or so Suzuki said) but carves well. They claimed it would lap a track as fast as a GSXR600... that track must have had some good straight sections! :lol: Seriously though, the King handles way better than it should, or looks like it should anyway. Suzuki knows how to make a big girl dance, see also: Hayabusa. Anyone who says that these two don't do corners have never ridden either one. Ignorance is bliss!

As for touring, the B-King would suck. No wind protection, a smallish 17 liter gas tank and undertail exhaust making throwover panniers difficult all work against it. The tank itself is mostly buried under plastic which makes a magnetic tank bag a no-go. Guys do tour on them though, I guess you work with what you have! I've seen tall touring screens on them, and several manufacturers make steel mounts for panniers and top boxes, if that's your bag (pun intended!).

The upside is the riding position allows a much better view of your surroundings since you're more upright. You can see over other traffic which is a huge plus in my books, plus there's little to no neck-strain from holding your chin up in the racer's crouch that sportbikes put you in.

And it still has more power than most small cars. :woot:

Being a naked bike isn't a drama if you man-up a bit.

The B-King is a scream, bloody great fun, but it has its downsides.

16.5 ltr tank.
Stupid tank won't take my tank bags.
Stock seat not real great.
Awful for pillions, seat, position, no grab rail.
Awkward if you have long legs as knees hit tank and bell pegs aren't ideal.
Bloody thing is longer and heavier than its faired little sister the Busa! Why!
Speed Restricted worse than a Busa as stock (easily fixed)

What it is great at is being a sledge-hammer naked bike.
It's the only big bore naked IL4 jap naked with sportsbikes running gear.
I do heaps of 6 or 700 mile weekends, not hiding behind Tupperware isn't a problem.
I can do higher daily mileage on a King than a Busa due to the ridling position.

A few years back I had two faired Hayabusa's.
Now I have a B-King and a unfaired Hayabusa with Renthals.
I do similar speeds and mileage but grin more.

image.jpg

Would it be worth doing a handlebar kit and lower pegs on your 'busa; and keep the fuel range and wind protection?

I owned and toured on a naked bike for a few years (2012 Speed Triple); and although it was a lot of fun (couldn't keep the front end on the ground), I definitely prefer my Hayabusa for touring. It's a lot easier to get bags on it (the Speed had high mount exhaust and was a real pain), plus the big tank on the 'busa is a nice to have, and I have a lot more room on the Hayabusa as far as sitting and moving around.

I did 20,000 miles in a little less than 3 seasons on my Speed, and I definitely would give some thought to a handlebar kit; rather than going back to a strictly naked bike again. When it was cold and crappy out; I found not having wind/rain protection was not nearly as comfortable on my old bones (terrible arthritis in my knees).

Obviously to each his own; but I think if it were me; I'd be a lot more tempted to make a few changes to my bike, rather than go full on naked again.

Rubb,

I would like that deal i think too. Is the riding position really all that different? I havent had the pleasure of sitting on one of them. Let me know what you think. I may start my search for one of them myself...Im also kinda scouting for a gen 1 again too>>>

I'm after a Gen I aswell.(would be my 6th Busa) I'm also eyeing up a Gen II turbo. I will always have a Busa around somewhere.

I'm hoping to ride the King today. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks guys.

Rubb.

No B King for Rubb. Hayabuser feels more like selling at this point in time than trading. Its all good,guess I'm stuck with my Busa.:thumbsup:
He still offered a test ride which I will take him up on soon.

Rubb.

No B King for Rubb. Hayabuser feels more like selling at this point in time than trading. Its all good,guess I'm stuck with my Busa.:thumbsup:
He still offered a test ride which I will take him up on soon.

Rubb.

Hayabuser has changed his mind... where's my 'Busa? :thumbsup:

Rubb got his test ride on the B-King, seemed to like it alright. :bowdown: Perhaps he'll fill y'all in with his thoughts when he gets a second away from his new turbo beast! :type:

Had an' awesome day with the turbo.:thumbsup:

I also had big fun riding the King. That bike is highly flickable,powerful,good brakes,and the seating position is awesome.I told The 'Buser it was like riding a aBusa-powered dirt bike on the street.:)

I just need a little cash thrown in...Rubb has empty pockets....see :smileyexhibit:

Rubb.

Back