Busa engine internals after appr. 30K miles

OB_Animal

Registered
Next issue of German Motorrad mag (should have it 2 weeks from now) will have their long-term report after around 30,000 miles on the Busa with normal, almost everyday use in around a year's time without any extreme usage and long-term test stopped just shy of their normally used 50,000 kilometers mileage for this because of 2nd cam chain tensioner giving up and "eating" engine partly.

This mag's long-term end reports include complete disassembly of engine TOGETHER with Suzuki reps and measuring every clearance measurable, comparing to new/worn values and having a good, long look at all engine internals in general. If serious things pop-up they also request AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT from the manufacturer themselves against that and these are also printed in the mag.

So, should be interesting at least and will report high-lights (?) here later.

This mag is Germany's biggest and German motorcycle market is very big and important for all Japanese brands, so maybe something good will come from them having problems again with cam chain tensioner and from them having had those clutch parts (the 2 OEM parts that are also involved in the Brock mod) replaced under warranty twice already because of the ramps becoming damaged/worn enough to make clutch-behaviour even worse than stock if not completely intolerable!

Good on ya Animal

Perhaps they will also lift the tank and spill fuel all over the place, then when not looking the bike will fall of the side stand!!!

Nuts

Oh, BTW, send them an E-mail with most important problems as I've learned them myself and from this board, we'll see what turns up (camchaintensioner/clutch/sidestand/fuelhoses).

You can be sure of that, I see it as my "duty" to report on possibly interesting Busa things from mags originating in my own country (so Dutch mags from the Netherlands), as I'm one of the few Dutchies here and I see almost ALL the mags, and from the German mags as my German is quite good and I also see a lot of them German mags and there doesn't seem to be any Germans around this board (or they only lurk as they are most of the time not very comfortable about communicating in English and seem to prevent it when they can?)?

Animal

I used to work for some Dutchies in Australia

Nice people, taught me some Dutch, I wonder if BigDog's swear word filter really works!!!!!!!!!!

Where abouts in Holland??

Nuts

NN,

Just a bit West of 's-Hertogenbosch (a.k.a. Den Bosch) in a quiet little town called Drunen.

If Den Bosch is unfamiliar to you, it's in the South of my little country, but nevertheless North (max. 20 miles) of Eindhoven which you may know because of that stupid football (PSV)?

Assen track/circuit is over a 2 hours ride North for me, but will probably go there for WSB later this year and have registered for 2 trackdays there beginning and end of September.

Back