Complaining.....

OB_stu

Registered
Not to add insult to injury but...
I keep reading so much %*@^ about "my engine blew" or "let's sue Suzuki" that I can't read the other posts.
Its amazing to me there is not one (NOT ONE)consumer complaint listed at NHTSA reguarding cam chain tensioners. These are the people that will investigate and force a recall if this is a true problem or safety issue and they get the job done. There is no need to create a post of everyones problems, they do it for you and list the actions being taken if any...
The only complaint I have seen listed is on the 00 having hairline cracks in the wheels.

So, either those owners with the bad tensioners are not reporting this or everyone complaining is working for the manual cam chain tensioner retailers trying to drive up sales.

Again, if yours have failed then take care of the rest of use and report it to http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

It is hard to really get a handle on what's going on. That's why I have written a letter to Suzuki asking them if they're aware of any 2000 model problems with cam chain tensioner.

Whether or not I get a straight answer is a another matter.

I have just registered my cam chain tentioner report with them. I do have a maual cam chain tentioner on my 00. But I do not have any afiliation with Ape or anybody else. I just don't want my motor to blow from a cheap part. The manual tentioner mod is like any other mod. You do it to improve the bike.

Back