Busa brake pad upgrade

RaveCrusader

Registered
I got some after market brake pads for my new Busa this week. All I can say is wow. I went with Galfer pads front and rear. I estimate that my stopping distance versus the stock pads is reduced, depending on the speed, from 33% to 50%. I picked them up at the local cycle gear here in Vegas. If you have not looked into it, I would advise doing so. The back brake is a little more difficult then changing out the two front brakes. I would advise at least doing the front brakes. They are easy and both sets of pads together are only about $60 total. I was able to change the brakes out on the front myself in less then 20 minutes.

GALFER SEMI-METALLIC BRAKE PADS
Front: 156 (x2)
Rear: 111

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cf....013SM_G

P1010017.jpg

Just a thought...
afro.gif

I could use some new ones.  Pad have 25% left, but my brake lever almost hits my knuckle if I two finger the brake.
sad.gif
 I wonder if this would solve it??

<!--EDIT|InfiniteReality
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146595278 -->

I could use some new ones.  Pad have 25% left, but my brake lever almost hits my knuckle if I two finger the brake.
sad.gif
 I wonder if this would solve it??
i would check your fluid level and bleed your break lines if you are able to do that...bec its fluid in a resavoir, assuming the resvaoir has the right amount of fluid, it does not make a diff how worn out your break pads are, more fluid is used to make up for it...
so in short something aint right....

Back