Busa Advice---First "Canyon Carving" Ride of Season

I think the only part that you need to compensate for the busa is the direction change when negotiating esses. I find myself having to muscle the bike more compared to my ZX10 in the twisties. Another thing that messes me up is the Busa's poor brakes compared to the Repliracers. The bike is just way too heavy to stop on a dime like a Repliracer. I don't uderstand why Suzuki did'nt replace the old MC with a more powerful radial mounted MC. Again just a reminder: The Hayabusa falls under the "sport touring" category don't expect to see it on the Superbike grid :laugh:

The additional info on squaring the corner is very helpful. I am still not confident when it comes to sharp corners. I can't seem to get the bike to lean far enough. I will be getting the suspension tuned in a few weeks, but it is probably best to tune myself first.
It is good to know that I am not the only one having issues with braking from time to time. I am pretty good about braking far enough in advance so that I can roll on the throttle through the curve.

The additional info on squaring the corner is very helpful. I am still not confident when it comes to sharp corners. I can't seem to get the bike to lean far enough. I will be getting the suspension tuned in a few weeks, but it is probably best to tune myself first.
It is good to know that I am not the only one having issues with braking from time to time. I am pretty good about braking far enough in advance so that I can roll on the throttle through the curve.

I would strongly recommend to study this book.

"Twist of the Wrist II" by Keith Code. It will systematically answer many questions with a great level of detail and logic.

The best $13 you could spend. :thumbsup:

We are not making love here ?
:rofl:

What is it like 2 twists and a Squirt !
:rofl:

You really need to go out in the early mornings.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I don't mean to the Dunkin' Donuts. You've already had waaaayyyy too much sugar in your system.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I remember when I had my wreck that I was stretching the apex to get more brake time and I still couldn't get the bike onto her side. I've since ran the same corner with my 09 (had the wreck on an 05) and I had a much easier time of it than that last time. In general my 09 has been turning way better than my 05, and since I bought the 05 used I'm wondering if the suspension settings could have had something to do with the difficulty I had before. Either way its irrelevant, the point is practice you ass off and keep fine tuning your turns, :rulez: I got the type of experience on this subject that NO ONE wants.

John, have you had your suspension adjusted to your weight? If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. Makes a difference. Greg did mine almost 2 years ago and again after lowering it. Couldn't be happier.:beerchug:

Yes, Jesse...that was the first thing we did. Mine came from the factory setup pretty close to where I needed it to be, but Greg dialed it in.

I need to get the Busa out on the track and learn it's threshold....but not on the street obviously.

Back