Buell pegs ... twistie clearance?

BUSA_CHeMiST

Donating Member
Registered
So, i LOVE the fact that my riding position is alot more comfortable. But i did notice that I have become alot more skiddish when leanin the bike over cause i can honestly feel like my peg is about to drag.

I just dont want to get to the point where im bout to drag a knee and i bury a peg instead!! I noticed on a SEARCH of past threads, some people attempted to modify their stock pegs. Anyone do this? Any pics of this?

I LOVE these pegs for my long trips, but really don't want to have to switch out pegs when i get to the twisties! i mean, i guess i can if i have to, just seems like a bit of a PITA!

thumb_up.gif
thanks!

PM vman1300 and get a set of TL pegs. Same clearance as the stock pegs, but will drop your feet 3/4-1 inch below stock.

The Buell pegs are tapped for a 1/4-20 fastener of your choice. if your concerned about grounding them just get a decent length bolt in there as a feeler.
thumb_up.gif

A few questions. Are you dragging your boot sliders? Did you ever drag the stock peg feelers?

Also,.......look at your rear tire. Do you have rear tire left? Any chicken strips??

I use all the rear tire (no chicken strips) and drag my boot sliders a lot,.........and yet to drag the Buell pegs. If you ever do touch the peg,..........email me,........I'll send you a custom set of feelers.

Now,....... go ride the twisties!!!
deadhorse.gif

Talked to joe,

think what got me the most nervous WAS the fact that my feet were lower and my boot sliders were draggin consantly now (never used to do that).

I'll get back out there and GROW A PAIR and start draggin more SH**!!!

Thanks guys, just needed a pep talk i guess.

Talked to joe,

think what got me the most nervous WAS the fact that my feet were lower and my boot sliders were draggin consantly now (never used to do that).

Holy cow, just drag little things, road rash sucks!

Talked to joe,

Drag more stuff!! I like it!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

They will fold back before doing anything , but of course for that to happen your foot will feel the bike crushing it first.

Back