Buell Peg Mod, what a relief!!

Highlander

Donating Member
Registered
I ordered them from GSX1300R-T (Joe), installed them in 15 minutes, and as soon as I let the clutch out and lifted my feet up, I  loved 'em. I'm amazed at what a difference it made, and wish I'd done this the first day I got the bike.
At 6'5", and size 15 shoes, my legs would begin aching in about two hours of riding. I've only been on a two hour ride with them installed so far, but I felt a whole lot better at that point.
Joe did a great job on the pegs, beautifully finished. He shipped them quickly, and with instructions so complete my wife could have installed them. He emailed me when they shipped, and asked for my opinion and satisfaction after I got them.
A BIG  
thumb_up.gif
to GSX1300R-T!  
laugh.gif

Here ya go Raymond...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=7;t=82672;hl=Buell

Looks like a good deal to me, I believe you can get the parts yourself for about 45.00 but considering time, gas, etc. then the time to modify them to fit & polish, I think all that well worth the 40.00 extra bucks, especially if ya don't have grinder, tools etc.  Shoot I gotta order me a set of these to go with the new Heli-Bars.

$79.90 + $7 Shipping. I believe thats a real good price versus buying the the stock pegs, grinding and polishing, rounding up bushings and e clips. My weekend riding time is very valuable to me!

I just ordered mine the other day, should be here by the weekend.

Me ?, I'm diggin' the TL Pegs mod Kevin sent me...what a relief....may invest in a set of Buell pegs "just for the testing".... I'll make a note of GSX-1300R-T's products....but I still love my TL Pegs. Over the stocks, they're a miracle. Plus they LOOK like Busa pegs......

Me ?, I'm diggin' the TL Pegs mod Kevin sent me...what a relief....may invest in a set of Buell pegs "just for the testing".... I'll make a note of GSX-1300R-T's products....but I still love my TL Pegs.  Over the stocks, they're a miracle.  Plus they LOOK like Busa pegs......
+1

Highlander.. same mod and purchase here.. I agree. I love mine as well.. congrats, bud.
beerchug.gif

Spend the extra $ go w/ aftermarket adjustable rearsets. They are worth every penney in my opinion.

Spend the extra $ go w/ aftermarket adjustable rearsets. They are worth every penney in my opinion.
which ones provide the amount of extra room that the buell pegs do? every set I have seen moves your feet back but not down, the buell pegs do both

which ones provide the amount of extra room that the buell pegs do?  every set I have seen moves your feet back but not down, the buell pegs do both
The only aftermarket ones I have found that will give as much room as the buell pegs is the CycleCats. (Other than a special drag racing rearset) The CycleCats are very nice but you pay for that. It is what I would like to buy. I believe they are out of stock right now however.

I know the Cycle Cats do. I have Vortex all the way up & all the way back, but I need the clearance for the corners. I kept dragging my toes & pegs every time. Now just knee.

I have been extremely happy with my Buell pegs! I'm 6'3" with long legs. Definitely makes for a better ride.
biggrin.gif

Only problem with the aftermarket rearsets.........most of these guys are looking for "more" legroom. The adjustables go up, sometimes a little down, and back........"track clearance". Daily driver's, with longer legs and bigger feet, are looking for "drop".
super.gif

where do I find the TL peg mod?
Talk to vman1300 (Kevin), he runs Mrcycles.com.....send him a PM, or contact him on his site. He sends you the pegs, and the bushings. Takes five minutes to install. Your clearance indicators, screw right on !!!
super.gif
+1 on this,

the TL pegs do NOT drop as much as the Buell's, but they look like they belong. If a small drop is good for you, this could be the way to go. vman1300 (Kevin) is great to deal with too
smile.gif

Back