Buell Peg - Brake bottoming out HELP

celticBandit

Registered
Hi,

Can anyone please post instructions on how to adjust the rear brake pedal with the buell peg mod. I adjusted it to get the correct pedal height but now it seems to bottom out. The nut that goes up into the master cylinder doesn't have enough travel any more.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

Yep, I did that too, but it's like there's no resistance from the master cylinder and the pedal now travels until the bolt/rod bottoms out.

Is the rear brake working properly? What's the fluid level like in the reservoir?

Maybe you need to bleed it. Sounds bizarre, but maybe you moved it just enough to let some air past the seal while you were cutting the rod. Did you use a hacksaw to cut it? I used a dremel tool and a carbide disk.

Is the rear brake working properly? What's the fluid level like in the reservoir?

Maybe you need to bleed it. Sounds bizarre, but maybe you moved it just enough to let some air past the seal while you were cutting the rod. Did you use a hacksaw to cut it? I used a dremel tool and a carbide disk.

+1 are you sure that it is bled properly? Seems like it shouldn't travel as much as you suggest.....

Yeah, Sounds like I might have let some air in. I'll bleed in the morning and see how it goes. Thanks for the help guys.:thumbsup:

Update, turns out the brake pedal was hitting off the exhaust, so I adjusted it up a bit and it seems good now. Thanks for the help guys.

Back