Bros, I’m feeling pensive...about the bikes.

Mythos

Registered
Here I am picking through all the busa stuff I bought over the past couple years, waxing nostalgic. I have a diagnostic switch and a shift knuckle I bought off Bryan and he even threw in a clutch switch (incase I ever need a new clutch switch). I have a pile of SAE Outlaw titanium bolts, I have a new EK chain, a new Renthal front sprocket, a new aluminum 47T Vortex rear sprocket, an APE manual cam chain tensioner, Schnitz Raising links, a Tusk aluminum rear axle nut, a huge pile of titanium and aluminum Pro-Bolts…I have beautiful smoked clutch and front brake fluid reservoirs for my beloved ZX-14 which is now a total wreck.

All this stuff has sat here for two years and I’m packing it up. I don’t have time to install all this stuff before I have to get out of here. That was always the problem, I didn’t have time. I was worried about other things. Man O man have I not taken care of myself and my bikes over the past couple years. It’s like everything evaporated. Well, I’m packing it up and moving where I can focus on what’s important to me. If I can’t sell that old ZX-14 wreck for a good price, I’ll bring it back better than it was. The busa can still kick it like it ever did. …just needs some long overdue love. Needs those BST rims I always dreamed of having on her.

Just thought I’d share. Hope you’re all having a relaxing Labor Day. I’m packing!

Here I am picking through all the busa stuff I bought over the past couple years, waxing nostalgic. I have a diagnostic switch and a shift knuckle I bought off Bryan and he even threw in a clutch switch (incase I ever need a new clutch switch). I have a pile of SAE Outlaw titanium bolts, I have a new EK chain, a new Renthal front sprocket, a new aluminum 47T Vortex rear sprocket, an APE manual cam chain tensioner, Schnitz Raising links, a Tusk aluminum rear axle nut, a huge pile of titanium and aluminum Pro-Bolts…I have beautiful smoked clutch and front brake fluid reservoirs for my beloved ZX-14 which is now a total wreck.

All this stuff has sat here for two years and I’m packing it up. I don’t have time to install all this stuff before I have to get out of here. That was always the problem, I didn’t have time. I was worried about other things. Man O man have I not taken care of myself and my bikes over the past couple years. It’s like everything evaporated. Well, I’m packing it up and moving where I can focus on what’s important to me. If I can’t sell that old ZX-14 wreck for a good price, I’ll bring it back better than it was. The busa can still kick it like it ever did. …just needs some long overdue love. Needs those BST rims I always dreamed of having on her.

Just thought I’d share. Hope you’re all having a relaxing Labor Day. I’m packing!
It seems there is always a project to be done....and it's a labor of love to do them most times...

A fresh change will hopefully re-ignite your spark to work on them....hopefully your body has healed and now it's time for your mind...

Packing is never fun, I've never enjoyed moving...I'm happy enough when I get there but it's a journey.

Thanks Bumblebee. Physically, I'm 100% recovered from the crash but yeah, like you said, your mind might take a while longer than your body. I think I'm there now.

As far as packing LOL most of my stuff was never unpacked! ...because I didn't have room to put it anywhere! If I needed it, I'd have to look it up in the inventory and dig it out of whatever box it was in, then put it back. Most of the everyday essentials are packed and ready to go. Just gotta get the busa put back together so I can move it to its new home. Then take it apart again so I can finish the work I started 2 years ago. :laugh: Sounds crazy but it will just be easier to start over and do the bike work after I move. I gotta have this place spotless by the end of the month. My love of wrenching is reignited though! I'm eagerly anticipating it.

Like Sarge said , fresh start going to be the best thing for your reacquainting yourself to your love of bikes Mythos .
I know you got it in you to get the Busa back in shape pretty quickly , once you get started . The 14 , well if she goes as a wreck , you say your goodbyes , and keep all those beautiful ride memories . Then , you get a clan ZX14R , of whatever year you find best , and you make it yours with your artistic flair and performance choices .
Mate , I hope you get this happening bro , I will be watching all progress .

@Mythos
When did you last ride?
uhhhhhh---beginning of last summer, June 22 of 2021. I probably had about 15 rides before I hit that deer. I could get the insurance going on the busa and get a few rides back in Michigan before winter sets in. This is the month I normally put the bikes away though. I had a lot more roads I liked in Michigan but there were a good number of deer there as well. I'd have to scope it out but I'm ready to do some kind of riding again. ...I can definitely wrench. All I need is to get settled in after the move.

I may be working in a HS auto mechanics class. That would sure suit me well. We might be able to include motorcycles. LOL I might have one I could donate! I heard back from the principal. He said he handed my info over to the business dept. I'd take that job for low pay but the fact that he included the business dept makes me hope they're considering paying me closer to my last salary. I'm not certified for Tech Ed so that would be a longshot. ...or maybe they'll hire somebody else. We'll see soon. School's starting in a couple days.

Thanks for joining in the positive energy, gents.:thumbsup:
You'll get there...once you get settled and survive a winter you will have to get the Hayabusa out and get into the wind....that's your therapy right there.

If the ZX14 is written off and not repairable, then you will need to make that choice as to either replace it or focus on the Hayabusa....that time will come at some point...

Depending on where you end up at, there may be some .org members handy to come over to offer moral support.

Back