Well boys, it hurts but I’m still kickin!

Thanks Paul. The pain is incredible and the pain pills fade around 3-4 hours even though the directions say to take them every 6. Can’t wait 6 hours. I still have air bubbles coming out of the chest tube sticking out of my side so the lung hasn’t completely healed yet. As soon as they disappear I can have the tube removed. My daughter counted five incisions on my side and back with four of them closing. The 12 gauge sized hole the tube is in will be sutured when the tube is removed. It’s a PITA changing the bandaging at the end of the tube. My daughter did it for me but she went home yesterday. I was told not to lift anything over 15 pounds. Ha! As if. Perfect riding weather here too dammit!
Hi. I am just like you in some ways. I had a foot long cut on my chest 2 broken wrists a crusted ankl and I left the hospital. Tha ankl got infected the pain was he--. I stayed home till the pain was so bad, went to a doc. He said if I had no come in wanted 1 more day the would have to cut off my foot. So do not let any thing get to bad. Take csre as I like seeing the great pic you take on your trips.

Thanks Paul. The pain is incredible and the pain pills fade around 3-4 hours even though the directions say to take them every 6. Can’t wait 6 hours. I still have air bubbles coming out of the chest tube sticking out of my side so the lung hasn’t completely healed yet. As soon as they disappear I can have the tube removed. My daughter counted five incisions on my side and back with four of them closing. The 12 gauge sized hole the tube is in will be sutured when the tube is removed. It’s a PITA changing the bandaging at the end of the tube. My daughter did it for me but she went home yesterday. I was told not to lift anything over 15 pounds. Ha! As if. Perfect riding weather here too dammit!
Hey, you be a good boy now! You don't want to have to do this again or something worse. You'll be on a bike again soon enough but take your time. All those redwoods are thousands of years old, they will wait for you.

Well I made it home but (with) the 3/4” tube coming out of the lung. I’d post a pic but wont until someone wants to see it. It’s pretty raw. The doc initially said he wouldn’t send me home with the tube but decided he would as long as I return next week and even then, if bubbles from the lung are still present the tube has to stay in. My worry and his is that my chest cavity will fill with air but I just couldn’t take staying in the hospital any longer. The next few days will be hard. The pain is twofold, the pressure on the upper right side of the chest is quite severe and the area on my side where the tube exits is an open hole and very sore. They gave me dilaudid and some oxys to take home. In the hospital I got them intravenously. When I cough the tube sounds off like a small horn! :laugh: I’m not really laughing, just the emoji.
Even in so much in pain you are active on the forum is truly commendable.wishing you a speedy recovery.tk cr.

Back