Broken Swingarm

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
How well do you trust the guy that built your swingarm?

This picture was from a race Friday night. One of the guys I race against in the PMRA posted it. Joe was running against a turbo Busa in the semi finals. It was a 1/8 mile track. The arm on the Busa broke as it crossed the finish line. Wheel twisted about 45 degrees and it took a hard left. Somehow he saved it.

Joe had an upfront seat for it. It could have been much worse.

swingarm.jpg

thank god he was ok.

Who's swingarm is it?
Did the underbracing also break at a weld or did it bend?
Is he a big rider?
I'm curious to see what their manufactured arm looks like... seems like some of the OE box is still in there....

The first occurrance can be seen as an accident. If this manufacturer is having mnultiple issues then it's time to stop making the product.

Wow. He saved it. Musta been one helluva ride. Nice riding to the dude.

I edited the original message. I don't know who owns the Busa the arm was on. Just the guy running against it.

That's terrifying!!!! I had mine built by a shop that came with lots of recomendations but I still think about it sometimes when I'm flying down the road.

I'd really like to know who made the one that failed.

(Commuta_Busa @ Jul. 30 2007,13:47) ok, since know on knows much about it....

who won the race?
Joe won that round then lost in the finals.

(dadofthree @ Jul. 30 2007,13:48) Professor, where's the axle nut and pin
rock.gif
It looks like they are running the axle reversed. Nut and pin on the sprocket side.

I can't tell with that pic, didn't know if running without axle nut might have contributed or if the shot was taken after they had started tearing it down. Any advantages to running reverse
rock.gif

Some do it to run the tag on the left under the axle nut. I don't know of any other reason.

Back