Broken key and ignition

bRaaap

Registered
Don’t know if these topics get shot down or not... I was riding car pulled out in front of me, braked in time but I still dumped the bike. Bike was fine just a chipped brake lever and some scuff marks but, idk how or why, I went to turn the key to on and basically snapped the top of the key off. Had to get it towed home, took the handles off to get to the ignition better and tried using a magnetic flat head to twist the key and pull it back out, ended up totally good time it with bits of key chunks in the ignition hole. Ignition is now tighter than a nuns flower and I’m done pissing with it. Is there a market for ignitions and pairing keys or is that a no no?

Don’t know if these topics get shot down or not... I was riding car pulled out in front of me, braked in time but I still dumped the bike. Bike was fine just a chipped brake lever and some scuff marks but, idk how or why, I went to turn the key to on and basically snapped the top of the key off. Had to get it towed home, took the handles off to get to the ignition better and tried using a magnetic flat head to twist the key and pull it back out, ended up totally good time it with bits of key chunks in the ignition hole. Ignition is now tighter than a nuns flower and I’m done pissing with it. Is there a market for ignitions and pairing keys or is that a no no?
Whole thing can be replaced if locksmith can't get it all out but that is best option. like c10 said you need the security star bits with the hole in the middle to remove the two screws underneath the ignition plate. You tube subject on Delboy's Garage he walks you threw removal/install.

Good advice from the others already, so I’ll just add....... DO NOT waste your money on the cheap eBay/China ignitions. Plenty of guys have tried it and the bike won’t even start.
Went thru this the other day on a buddy's cbr 929, wouldn't start because it didn't have the diode in thr Chinese set. Ended up using the Chinese cylinder and the stock electrical and got it going, luckily it was copied well enough that it matched up.

I applaud whichever mod changed the words a bit. Thought I smoked crack before I wrote this

I've read that you can use the chinese ignition kits if you put a 100 ohm resistor in line... can anyone confirm that??

Bomber - Australia.
Why would you knowingly choose to put chinese poop on your bike. Your asking for your life to be put in more danger than just riding does by itself.

I've read that you can use the chinese ignition kits if you put a 100 ohm resistor in line... can anyone confirm that??

Bomber - Australia.
Not sure on the busa but my post up top I had an issue like that with a cbr, I ended up using the cylinder fron the Chinese set and the oem electrical. The Chinese one didn't have the resistor in it so bike would crank but not start so if it's just the cylinder that bad it's only 3 screws on the bottom to separate it from the electrical section as long as the busa ignition is similar to the others ive done.

Back