How to change the ignition key

I need info about how to change the ignition key set for a hayabusa 2005

You need a special "security" Torx screwdriver set with the hole in the middle.

51QIs0MNHQL._SS500_.jpg

To make it easiest - you will need to remove your nose section. Then with full access to your ignition and plug-in you simply unscrew and remove. There will be a slight "break" when you free the factory lock-tite. Once past that, it will all be downhill and straight forward.

Let us know if you get in a bind and need help.

ughh, I'm just gonna guess most folks aren't going to just offer this up to you. Your first post is asking (while I'm sure your intentions are honorable) for something that generally is the by-product of less than honorable actions.

If you are sincere and have the right documentation, your local dealership can assist with this type of work better than most.

Oh yeah :welcome: Tell us more about you, post a pic of your bike, etc

Excellent first post, no Hi/Hello or intro :whistle: just jump right on in with a questionable/suspicious request as zukracer above pointed out. Perhaps, a quick background on WHY you need this done might enlighten us.

Excellent first post, no Hi/Hello or intro :whistle: just jump right on in with a questionable/suspicious request as zukracer above pointed out. Perhaps, a quick background on WHY you need this done might enlighten us.

+100 on that.

So, ban him while you are at with this heavy hitting judgment!

Man, you guys are like jackals.

Personally, let's take down the rest of his character,,,, hmmm YES,, I am sure of it!,,,, I think he is most likely an Atheist, he kicks his dog your dog, any available dog, his wife or girlfriend,,, and any potentially ugly neighbour on the block he can find whenever he can,,, all in one fell swoop!

So the guy didn't come in with a blazing candied "Hello" for all of you welcome-wagon-sign-ons, so what! He wanted a tool to remove something.

Unbelievable judgmental attack system here.

Think for yourself. Question authority. All he wanted was a tool.

Personally, let's take down the rest of his character,,,, hmmm YES,, I am sure of it!,,,, I think he is most likely an Atheist, he kicks his dog your dog, any available dog, his wife or girlfriend,,, and any potentially ugly neighbour on the block he can find whenever he can,,, all in one fell swoop!

So the guy didn't come in with a blazing candied "Hello" for all of you welcome-wagon-sign-ons, so what! He wanted a tool to remove something.

do you have the answer for the question that started this thread?
surely you can understand the responses from the .org members, being an owner of a registered bike and all. we are here to help and support fellow busa owners with anything we can. why cant we ask for explanation for why he wants to change out the ignition on his bike?

surely you can understand the responses from the .org members, being an owner of a registered bike and all. we are here to help and support fellow busa owners with anything we can. why cant we ask for explanation for why he wants to change out the ignition on his bike?

Don't see the point in asking if he is crooked he ain't going to post it. Theives would probably lie :laugh:

If his second post is what kind of grinding wheel do I need for the VID we got something :whistle:

Cookie answered his question in the first reply. I think the tool was a tamper-proof T40. I have an 05 and I changed the ignition this year so I thought it was a legitimate question too.

I didn't have to take the nose piece off to change it. It wasn't too hard to get to.

Cookie answered his question in the first reply. I think the tool was a tamper-proof T40. I have an 05 and I changed the ignition this year so I thought it was a legitimate question too.

I didn't have to take the nose piece off to change it. It wasn't too hard to get to.

doesnt mean we should all bend over backwards to give out info on what should be a dealer job. this is the first post by someone asking how to replace the ignition on a busa. i personaly dont think the info should be given out by .org members on something like that. maybe im too paranoid or something, but if you dont know him, then why do it? there wasnt and explanation of buyin a salvaged bike and yadda yadda. i just think there should be an explanation as to the why do you need to do this. just me. i mean no disrespect to the fellow, or anyone else. we all have to watch our backs

uhmmm...

NOTE: (to newcomers)...

"RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!"

is just a meta4...

please take it back to the guy with the key.

Thank you. Luv Bill. :cool:

As I said in my post, I suggested that he post up a little more info as most folks looking for such an action are doing so because of something other than "it just doesnt work" :banghead: Just sayin, swapping ignitions, first post, color me jaded but having had a bike stolen after 2 attempts (both involving punched ignitions) in two different places, eh, I'd rather apologize later if the individual proves themselves honest than enable someone that's looking for easy info :poke:

I am not worried about offending you or anyone else when I say that the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality will always be considered barbaric.

Sorry about you being jaded, but you aren't the only one that has had material items stolen from them and knows what that sick empty violated feeling feels like in the pit of your stomach.

But even with that, if we as a society continue this kind of harsh sense of back-woods judgment very few of us would even be able to move within our own cities without being charged with crimes we didn't even commit.

If he had admitted his skin colour, would there have been an immediate hanging?

At this rate, if the original poster even responds we would be lucky to hear his explanation or retort. But my bet is that he would leave and never come back to this sideways incrimination.

Had he asked where you lived and what time you slept,, I could then understand jumping on him and chasing him out like a thief.

But for no other reason should a mere question about tools and ignition removal be construed as malicious or maligned.

Last edited:
How can someone could prove themselves honest with a keyboard over the internet on a message forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am not worried about offending you or anyone else when I say that the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality will always be considered barbaric.

Sorry about you being jaded, but you aren't the only one that has had material items stolen from them and knows what that sick empty violated feeling feels like in the pit of your stomach.

But even with that, if we as a society continue this kind of harsh sense of back-woods judgment very few of us would even be able to move within our own cities without being charged with crimes we didn't even commit.

If he had admitted his skin colour, would there have been an immediate hanging?

At this rate, if the original poster even responds we would be lucky to hear his explanation or retort. But my bet is that he would leave and never come back to this sideways incrimination.

Had he asked where you lived and what time you slept,, I could then understand jumping on him and chasing him out like a thief.

But for no other reason should a mere question about tools and ignition removal be construed as malicious or maligned.

never at any point was his color raised, my question to you would be does it matter to you since you are the only one raising it? Black, white, purple, doesn't matter to me I have friends across every race so in my case, no his skin color matters not to me. Now little green dudes popping out of oddly shaped flying disks... ok yeah in that case I might look at them slightly differently :whistle:

Had he asked me where I live, when I sleep I would have told him and greeted him with a fairly stronger welcome than simply asking him to state his intentions for something that seems less than honorable on its face.

I have no issue with you or anyone here but seriously, first post, asking how to side step something that clearly can be the by product of less than honorable means to acquire a motor vehicle.... his screen name "i wanna no"

eh, fek it we'll agree to disagree but its not barbaric, its life experiences.

How can someone could prove themselves honest with a keyboard over the internet on a message forum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

lets see, picture of the VIN plate with today's paper ???

fek it, you guys enable thieves and others with less than honorable intentions and the rest of us can just buy more bullets :laugh: :whistle:

Maybe he lost the keys ? Wouldn't that require a new ignition ?
Either way he asked a question and we should try to help him.
Like Busa1166 said it's not like he's gonna say
'I just stole a Busa and need help getting it running' :laugh:
If he had come on here with a long howdy do and posted a pic of himself supposedly how would we even know he's telling the truth ?
He could say he's a millionaire lawyer in Beverly Hills and we wouldn't know any better so of you ask me an intro or a explanation would not prove anything ?
Unless he really starts to post and we really get to know him he can say anything and we will have zero reason to believe or not believe him .

:2cents:

Maybe he lost the keys ? Wouldn't that require a new ignition ?
Either way he asked a question and we should try to help him.
Like Busa1166 said it's not like he's gonna say
'I just stole a Busa and need help getting it running' :laugh:
If he had come on here with a long howdy do and posted a pic of himself supposedly how would we even know he's telling the truth ?
He could say he's a millionaire lawyer in Beverly Hills and we wouldn't know any better so of you ask me an intro or a explanation would not prove anything ?
Unless he really starts to post and we really get to know him he can say anything and we will have zero reason to believe or not believe him .

:2cents:

yeah you could be right, and he could take it to the dealer to get not only the ignition but also the instructions. first post being "how do I do (anything else)" proally gonna get all the help the org can offer.

Oh well, so lets see you deal in bulk or can I just get one case of .45 auto :whistle: :laugh:

lets see, picture of the VIN plate with today's paper ???

fek it, you guys enable thieves and others with less than honorable intentions and the rest of us can just buy more bullets :laugh: :whistle:

He could take a picture of any bikes vin plate and it would not neccesarily be the bike he needs help with or that you or anyone may think he has received by Ill means.

yeah you could be right, and he could take it to the dealer to get not only the ignition but also the instructions. first post being "how do I do (anything else)" proally gonna get all the help the org can offer.

Oh well, so lets see you deal in bulk or can I just get one case of .45 auto :whistle: :laugh:

I would tend to agree it's a bit suspicious as a first post but if he took it to dealer to have them do it they might charge him three hours labor at 75-100 bucks each which he might not have ? I don't know and I'm sorry yes I still try to give all the benefit of the doubt and not judge or jump to conclusions .

Back