Broken gear box 2012

zambrano124

Registered
Hi from Australia, this is my first post on the forum.

Unfortunately I broke my 3rd gear of my 2012 haybusa Gen II. Wanted to ask, how to approach this. Do I need to change the whole gear box or just the 3rd gear and that should do it?

Was looking into the Schnitz Racecut Transmission for the busa, does anyone have any experience with this one? Is it worth it? Will it last longer

What other places to buy eom spare parts will you remcommend?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Last edited:
Can you just replace a gear, or some transmission parts from an oem source?
Yes.
Should you?
Probably not.
Gen2's tend to not have a 2nd gear problem like the Gen1's did, but of course still have issues, just not as commonly.
I would go with an undercut transmission before I'de replace parts, simply because after replacing with an undercut transmission, you should never have transmission problems again.
Anything is possible, but even if you replace several transmission parts with oem non undercut gears, those still have a higher likelyhood of failure.
The job itself takes time, as it involves removing the engine.
If you work on cars or bikes, it isn't difficult, if you don't, there will be several hours of labor involved.

Welcome to the org

Hi from Australia, this is my first post on the forum.

Unfortunately I broke my 3rd gear of my 2012 haybusa Gen II. Wanted to ask, how to approach this. Do I need to change the whole gear box or just the 3rd gear and that should do it?

Was looking into the Schnitz Racecut Transmission for the busa, does anyone have any experience with this one? Is it worth it? Will it last longer

What other places to buy eom spare parts will you remcommend?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

my glas bowl is not working. sorry

get the gen2 - manual HERE

and only then! open the gearbox and look into what is realy demaged / crushed / bent / broken.

lil hint
a pro will need around 15 hours do do the entire job.

are u familary with that outstanding work ?

from getting the busa naked , to removing the engine, dismantling the gearbox, reassembling and installing the engine and putting the plastic cover back on.

It's odd to "break" a gear. What exactly are the symptoms? I agree, take it apart to see what is actually wrong. I have my transmissions undercut, but honestly if you aren't drag racing a stock Gen2 transmission works very well with just the factory undercut. Even for drag racing they Gen2 transmission is very durable as it comes from Suzuki. Here in the US it isn't too hard to find a stock transmission complete which is always a good option.

Back