broken clutch push rod

Some good pics of the damage would help us all out. What were you doing when the damage occured?

If it is due to a broken chain, pull the clutch cover, remove the hat, and drive it out from the clutch side.

Yes it is from a broken chain. it is flush with the seal. I do not want to ruin the seal by trying to pull out with needle nose or anything.

dont want to spoil your day, but my guess is its probably already damaged the seal , with the force to shear the rod
oh and welcome to the org

Last edited:
Did it last year. you're going to have to pull the pressure plate off the clutch and push it out from right to left. Pull the sprocket cover, clutch cover, pressure plate and button out of the center of the clutch. a 1/4" extension should push through the center rod of the clutch mechanism and push the rod out. That beind said, even if it doesnt look like it's torn, the seal will probably leak. Mine didnt look like it was torn till it started to leak. If you're going to replace it, may as well undercut the trans and put a set of APE shift shafts in while you're there.

I would remove clutch cover,pressure plate& pusher,then from seal side take a clothes hanger or thin wire and push from seal side to clutch cover side..The reason I say this is if pushed from clutch cover side you may damage seal if not already damage from sharp edges on rod.. I keep chain break kits in stock most times cause it happens to often,lmk if I can help with parts..

Last edited:
Back