Brock's Performance CRACKS the 200mph Barrier

This is stock. Not semi-stock!

14_right2.jpg

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,04:44)
(Mr Brown @ Oct. 21 2006,20:47) With the exception of the ceramic bearings, he ain't done nothing special. The 14 will flat out fly!
So I can go get a 14 and get ceramic bearings and break 200mph? Nope. He obviously did something special if his "stock" bike did that speed.

And there's no such thing as "semi" stock. Stock is what you get at the dealer... any little change makes it modded... even an undertail, because that definitely drops the weight and adds to the aerodynamics.
He had an exhaust, custom map, speedo healer, front strap and ceramic bearings. With the exception of the bearings, like I said, that is nothing special. There are thousands of Busas out there with the same set up.
If you really think that "Stock" means as delivered, you should get out and race your bike more. Stock means no engine mods, plain and simple. Could you go put ceramic bearings in a 14 and ride it 200 mph? Of course not, but that ain't the bike's fault. I doubt you have the balls to max your own bike out, so the question is moot. An undertail drops the weight and adds to the aero's huh? Do you have any idea wtf you are talking about?
Game recognize game, and the 14 is a fast bike. You can knock it all you want, you can act as if your Busa is the be-all end-all of bikes, you only make yourself look retarded when you do.

(super851 @ Oct. 23 2006,04:19) why ceramic bearings?
Less rolling resistance. In classes where the amount of engine mods you can make is strictly governed, and you have a minimum weight allowed, this is one of the tricks used to gain a tiny advantage.

Thanks Mr. Brown, I have to give hats of to the 14, just wondering if to many busa's were produced and they want to make sure to sell them all before they bring out the new one. I must say that for a bike to basically go 8 years without major changes I have to say besides the VFR by Honda I don't think that there is a bike out there to touch the busa so far as all around best bike is concerned. My 2 cents
bowdown.gif

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 23 2006,10:02)
(Mr Brown @ Oct. 21 2006,20:47) With the exception of the ceramic bearings, he ain't done nothing special. The 14 will flat out fly!
So I can go get a 14 and get ceramic bearings and break 200mph? Nope. He obviously did something special if his "stock" bike did that speed.

And there's no such thing as "semi" stock. Stock is what you get at the dealer... any little change makes it modded... even an undertail, because that definitely drops the weight and adds to the aerodynamics.
He had an exhaust, custom map, speedo healer, front strap and ceramic bearings. With the exception of the bearings, like I said, that is nothing special. There are thousands of Busas out there with the same set up.
If you really think that "Stock" means as delivered, you should get out and race your bike more. Stock means no engine mods, plain and simple. Could you go put ceramic bearings in a 14 and ride it 200 mph? Of course not, but that ain't the bike's fault. I doubt you have the balls to max your own bike out, so the question is moot. An undertail drops the weight and adds to the aero's huh? Do you have any idea wtf you are talking about?
Game recognize game, and the 14 is a fast bike. You can knock it all you want, you can act as if your Busa is the be-all end-all of bikes, you only make yourself look retarded when you do.
Nothing special? Short of a turbo... that's very special! Read your post again... his bike ain't stock, buddy!

When trying to eek out every little bit of speed you can, every little thing does matter. It matters a lot.

According to you, everyone on this forum who doesn't have a turbo in their bike must have a stock Hayabusa...

And "stock" Busas (in your idea of it) can do 200mph. Plenty of people have done it without a turbo.

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,11:25) Nothing special? Short of a turbo... that's very special! Read your post again... his bike ain't stock, buddy!

When trying to eek out every little bit of speed you can, every little thing does matter. It matters a lot.

According to you, everyone on this forum who doesn't have a turbo in their bike must have a stock Hayabusa...

And "stock" Busas (in your idea of it) can do 200mph. Plenty of people have done it without a turbo.
WTF are you talking about? The things I listed are on just about every Busa in the world! Stock means no motor work, genius. The things listed are bolt ons.......
Yes, my Busa with correct gearing, and a custom map, pipe and ceramic bearings will go 200 mph. My buddy's 12, stock motor, pipe, custom map ran 199 on gps banging off the limiter in 6th. I have NO DOUBT that a 14 equipped the same way, + ceramic bearings will go 200.
Seriously dude, you should think more before you start typing. Ask anyone that knows, this 14 is considered a stock (motor) bike..
How fast have you been on your bike?

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 23 2006,11:40)
(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,11:25) Nothing special? Short of a turbo... that's very special! Read your post again... his bike ain't stock, buddy!

WTF are you talking about? The things I listed are on just about every Busa in the world! Stock means no motor work, genius. The things listed are bolt ons.......
Yes, my Busa with correct gearing, and a custom map, pipe and ceramic bearings will go 200 mph. My buddy's 12, stock motor, pipe, custom map ran 199 on gps banging off the limiter in 6th. I have NO DOUBT that a 14 equipped the same way, + ceramic bearings will go 200.
Seriously dude, you should think more before you start typing. Ask anyone that knows, this 14 is considered a stock (motor) bike..
How fast have you been on your bike?
The word "considered" is not the same as "is". So "considered" stock by some is not the same as "is" stock. I don't care what you or anyone else says. Stock is what you get from the dealer. There's no consideration involved there.

So... you've cleared the air. His 14 is nothing special at all. So why are we even having this huge thread about his bike then? It's nothing special. Getting your bike to do 200 is nothing special...

I've been 170 indicated on the freeway. I know that's just so slow... but I didn't have a racetrack or a salt flat...

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,12:05) The word "considered" is not the same as "is". So "considered" stock by some is not the same as "is" stock. I don't care what you or anyone else says. Stock is what you get from the dealer. There's no consideration involved there.

So... you've cleared the air. His 14 is nothing special at all. So why are we even having this huge thread about his bike then? It's nothing special. Getting your bike to do 200 is nothing special...

I've been 170 indicated on the freeway. I know that's just so slow... but I didn't have a racetrack or a salt flat...
So now we're down to semantics? For the intents and purposes of the sanctioning body involved, the bike in question is considered stock. Stock is what you get from the dealer huh? You think a stock (Your definition)Busa can outrun a stock (Your definition)14? Not even up to the limiter, sorry to tell ya. The ZX 14 is faster stock for stock. Deal with it. Jockeys on each one. In real life it will come down to rider skill.
I should not be surprised that a guy like you thinks he knows more than everyone else, and doesn't care what anyone else thinks, it's typical.
Getting a 12, 14 or Busa to be able to run 200 mph is nothing special, having the sack to get on it and do it is not as easy. 170 indicated is not slow, but it's hardly fast either. It's about what 155 really? BTW, we don't have a salt flat or racetrack near us either, just some good, straight, low traffic roads.........
Bottom line is, you can think what you want, but when you speak nonsense from a standpoint of supposed knowledge, it just makes you look ridiculous.

Stock is showroom stock, once you put on an aftermarket exhaust (or anything to enhance performance)...it ain't stock.

Peronally I wouldn't care if they strapped rockets on the back of the 14 and it broke the sound barrier. I ride the perfect bike for ME, my busa. I love everything about it (especially the looks) and for ME...it is the end all of all motorcycles.

The 14 seems like a nice bike...but it ain't for me.

(Justyntym @ Oct. 23 2006,12:17) Stock is showroom stock, once you put on an aftermarket exhaust (or anything to enhance performance)...it ain't stock.
bowdown.gif

----

Mr. Brown, I don't have perfect roads where I am. And btw, 170 indicated is more like 162... so at least give me a few extra mph credit lol! I'm not afraid to go faster... but I'm not a fool who's going to do it at the risk of being killed on a road that isn't right. When I move to LA (friday) I'll definitely be riding the back desert roads and taking my bike to the limit. I'm looking forward to it.

And on the dyno the 14 is faster... in the real world with wind the busa is faster. Been proven. Seems like 8yrs of perfect aerodynamics still matters... even if the 14 can show off more power on the dyno and also cook a mean hamburger on those grills.

You can go on and have the last word if you want... I guess I'm finished with this thread.

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,09:25)
(Mr Brown @ Oct. 23 2006,10:02)

If you really think that "Stock" means as delivered, you should get out and race your bike more. Stock means no engine mods, plain and simple. Could you go put ceramic bearings in a 14 and ride it 200 mph? Of course not, but that ain't the bike's fault.  I doubt you have the balls to max your own bike out, so the question is moot. An undertail drops the weight and adds to the aero's huh? Do you have any idea wtf you are talking about?
Nothing special? Short of a turbo... that's very special! Read your post again... his bike ain't stock, buddy!

You do realize he hit 200 mph from a standing start in 1 mile, don't you? It's not like he went from a roll on and topped the bike out at 200 and it wouldn't go any faster. From a standing start to 200 mph in 1 mile is quite an accomplishment. Try it sometime and see how close you can get. It's not easy
wink.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,10:27)
And on the dyno the 14 is faster... in the real world with wind the busa is faster. Been proven. Seems like 8yrs of perfect aerodynamics still matters...
How exactly do you figure? If your talking about that article with Davo O's maxton busa in it then realize They had a ZX-10 and a GSXR 1k in that same aerodynamic test and all the results were very close. The 14 may have finished last but these are very tiny differences. If anything it's shown how technology has brought bikes closer to the busa's aero abilities.

Here's vid of a 14 with a muzzy pipe (don't think it got mapped) vs. a busa that used spray on the last two runs. Aero differences from a mag article didn't do much for the bus here did it?

http://videos.streetfire.net/search....af9.htm

And for the record, yea i like the 14. I thought it was ugly and didn't like it at first. Same way i thought of the busa years ago when it first came out and i Had a '97 CBR1100XX. Long story short i grew up. Read the sig. It says it all.

That's an amateur video! LOL! And look at the busa rider... he's sitting upright on the 2nd pass and not even tucked! What a joke, man.

The busa has beat the 14 in top speed runs due to aerodynamics...

Of course, there have been many tests by many magazines. Both bikes have been proven to beat the other (by margins so small it's pretty much irrelevant). It boils down to rider skill... as it does with any type of racing. A gixxer can beat a Busa with the right rider.

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,16:36) A gixxer can beat a Busa with the right rider.
Oh yes!!! I do it all the time.
biggrin.gif

anywayz. The word "stock" IS different when it comes to racing and sanctioning bodies.

To the consumer, "stock" means straight from the showroom floor. Add a pipe, change a few things cosmetic=lightly modded. big bore, turbos, spray=heavily modded.

But when you talk about roadracing for instance, there is a class called "Superstock." AMA allows aftermarket pipes, PC's, race bodywork (duh, that's a given), magnesium wheels, etc. Bolt-ons, albeit aftermarket, are still considered "Stock."

Superbike allows for engine work, cams, chage in tranny ratios, traction control etc. Any "engine work" is considered "heavily modded."

So the term "stock" in racing organization's semantics will pretty much mean "modded" to the consumer.

I understand the stock terms completely. Like how there's nothing stock about a stock car.

But when someone is showing off a run on internet forums to people who are not racers and comparing one bike to the other... it makes no sense to use the term stock unless it's showroom stock.

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 24 2006,01:47) Like how there's nothing stock about a stock car.
That's a good analogy.

Brock Davidson usually only participates in events like Maxton Mile, El Mirage, Bonneville, AMA Prostar ETC....

So stock would apply to most of his bikes.

(gtrpimp76 @ Oct. 24 2006,01:00)
(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 23 2006,16:36) A gixxer can beat a Busa with the right rider.
Oh yes!!! I do it all the time.
biggrin.gif

anywayz. The word "stock" IS different when it comes to racing and sanctioning bodies.

To the consumer, "stock" means straight from the showroom floor. Add a pipe, change a few things cosmetic=lightly modded. big bore, turbos, spray=heavily modded.

But when you talk about roadracing for instance, there is a class called "Superstock." AMA allows aftermarket pipes, PC's, race bodywork (duh, that's a given), magnesium wheels, etc. Bolt-ons, albeit aftermarket, are still considered "Stock."

Superbike allows for engine work, cams, chage in tranny ratios, traction control etc. Any "engine work" is considered "heavily modded."

So the term "stock" in racing organization's semantics will pretty much mean "modded" to the consumer.
Years ago (probably still do, its been years since I went to the track) most of the Roadracing bodies had "Proddy" classes. These were the last bastions of true stock class racing. No mods of any kind were allowed to the engines. DOT tires, No fancy suspension etc. Stock! One race I remember Chuck Graves came to Seattle and in the 750 proddy class he was protested by Joe Pittman who was the local fast guy at the time, because he was feathering the throttle on his stock GSXR750 on the straight when all of the other guys were stretching the cable! Graves loaded up and headed for home no tear down, thank you very much! Stock indeed!
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back