Brock's Performance CRACKS the 200mph Barrier

Guclu

TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
brockmaxton.jpg

* http://bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=23&TID=27097

(I Hate This Bike)

I'm getting a little bored with the rhetoric coming out of Brocks lately. Their definition of "STOCK" and mine are two different things. While the parts themselves don't amount to much financially, the Hundreds of hours of shop time and Dyno tuning that went into that "stock" ZX14 would break the average person if it was done on their dime. Yes the bike is fast but it is fast because Brock has the time and resources to massage that "stock" bike and try hundreds of different combinations of things to make it faster without calling it "modified". Congrats on the 200mph run though.

With the exception of the ceramic bearings, he ain't done nothing special. The 14 will flat out fly!

everytime I read something about this bike...I still cant get over how ugly it is stock. Now GPW's bike is much sexier.....but man the stocker is ugly. Oh, congrats on the run.
all_coholic.gif

But it takes that R&D to gain the knowledge. This is the same type of work that has been paying off with the Busas for the last 5-6 years. Yes, there was a ton of dyno time put into it. Now that it has been done, it can be repeated fairly quickly. Change the hard parts, install the tune, make a few pulls to fine tune it. You can't discount where he has taken the 14 because of the R&D time on the first one.

I do have a problem with some of the baselines being run with pump gas compared with later runs with VP MR9. The fuel alone could account for 10hp.

(Professor @ Oct. 21 2006,21:23) I do have a problem with some of the baselines being irun with pump gas compared with later runs with VP MR9. The fuel alone could account for 10hp.
Especially if it's mapped for that. I agree, it is BS.

That's history......200 mph is awesome. Almost a showroom bought bike....wow! to say the least.

(Professor @ Oct. 21 2006,19:23) But it takes that R&D to gain the knowledge. This is the same type of work that has been paying off with the Busas for the last 5-6 years. Yes, there was a ton of dyno time put into it. Now that it has been done, it can be repeated fairly quickly. Change the hard parts, install the tune, make a few pulls to fine tune it. You can't discount where he has taken the 14 because of the R&D time on the first one.

I do have a problem with some of the baselines being run with pump gas compared with later runs with VP MR9. The fuel alone could account for 10hp.
I fully undertstand the necessity of the R&D work. After all he is in business to sell stuff to motorcycle nuts who live and breathe for every last HP. He has been at this for a long time as far as the Busa goes. The ZX14 is the new "thing" and he is working to build that portion of his business now. A fast bike is an excellent way to do that. GPW has done the same thing for his new business, perhaps inadvertantly but it cant hurt business to get your work out on the forums and let people see it. In fact I like the looks of his bike a lot more than Brocks! My only gripe is calling it "stock" when it clearly is not. The use of VP 9 is an obvious one. BTW Why is that stuff so hard on fuel systems? He sort of says in the article that you can't leave it in the tank overnight or it will kill the fuel pump?

I want to see him take a BUSA to Maxton with the same mods. I think it would be pretty much the same results....
wink.gif

....didn't he say in one of his posts that one of the guys did 220 on his Busa but was only able to hit 215 that day
wow.gif
Don't tell me the ittybitty busa still beat out the 14 in top speed?

(BigmanZ @ Oct. 22 2006,13:57) ....didn't he say in one of his posts that one of the guys did 220 on his Busa but was only able to hit 215 that day  
wow.gif
That little Busa had a built motor ..The zx14 motor has never had the valve cover off ...
biggrin.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Oct. 22 2006,18:24)
(BigmanZ @ Oct. 22 2006,13:57) ....didn't he say in one of his posts that one of the guys did 220 on his Busa but was only able to hit 215 that day  
wow.gif
That little Busa had a built motor ..The zx14 motor has never had the valve cover off ...
biggrin.gif
n who's to say that motor in Brock's 14 wasnt worked on ? he said he didnt [/i]change any internals-doesnt mean he didnt take the block apart and blue print the entire thing down to the last gram!

blueprinted block+pipe+
Expert fuel tuning+every trick in a Pro Racer's book that Joe Dirt dont know about=

<marquee>NOT A STOCK ZX14!!!</marquee>

and that bike is STILL ugly as sin!

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 21 2006,20:47) With the exception of the ceramic bearings, he ain't done nothing special. The 14 will flat out fly!
So I can go get a 14 and get ceramic bearings and break 200mph? Nope. He obviously did something special if his "stock" bike did that speed.

And there's no such thing as "semi" stock. Stock is what you get at the dealer... any little change makes it modded... even an undertail, because that definitely drops the weight and adds to the aerodynamics.

Back