Brocks Noise Suppressor

RacingJake

Registered
Picked one up a few days and slapped it in and tighten the two nuts and good to go.

Works good but I do get a rattle noise when backing out the throttle with the bike on the kick stand. On the road you can't hear it.
I have to do more investigation to figure it out ?

P1060810.JPG

P1060809.JPG

It may be the tolerences on your individual muffler and baffle.
The baffle vibrating against the inner muffler tube.
I would contact them.

Pulled the muffler off and nothing is loose inside, even stuck a prybar in there and it's GTG. I did notice when I put a rag over the muffler I could see the pulse waves pulling the rag back in the exhaust at the time of the noise so I'm thinking it's some pressure wave and not ball bearings rolling around it there.

Last edited:
No, I mean that the tube of the baffle may be vibrating against the inside of the muffler.

Just leave it out??? Lol. All jokes aside, something is wrong and I wouldn't deal with that sound either ...

I just got the video to play, and something is off with that.
No way I could stand that, they'd be hearing from me.
Sh*t quality is rampant everywhere these days.
Quality! What is this quality you speak of? Lol

I returned $400. Of parts one day to rhymes with Mapa for my Duramax because all the boxes said made in China and I told the counter guy I ain’t putting this Chinese crap on my truck and I went straight to huge Chevrolet dealership in town and got the same parts and all the boxes said made in Mexico. Take your pick.

No, I mean that the tube of the baffle may be vibrating against the inside of the muffler.
I checked that too and it's solid. I finally broke out my Harley Davidson tape and found the problem, it's the two holes that allow the mounting screws to go through that causes the noise during the negative pressure wave. Cover the holes and no rattle, remove the tape it rattles. I'll just enlarge the holes so it won't whistle while it works LOL.

P1060812.JPG
whislte

Reactions: pcs
I checked that too and it's solid. I finally broke out my Harley Davidson tape and found the problem, it's the two holes that allow the mounting screws to go through that causes the noise during the negative pressure wave. Cover the holes and no rattle, remove the tape it rattles. I'll just enlarge the holes so it won't whistle while it works LOL.

View attachment 1662642whislte
Will that not make it louder?
Or still make a noise?

Quality! What is this quality you speak of? Lol

I returned $400. Of parts one day to rhymes with Mapa for my Duramax because all the boxes said made in China and I told the counter guy I ain’t putting this Chinese crap on my truck and I went straight to huge Chevrolet dealership in town and got the same parts and all the boxes said made in Mexico. Take your pick.
I'll take Mexico ! Cause that's where my Garrett 50 trim turbo is made and it been going strong for years at 25 PSI on my T-Bird. Here's a China turbo at 15 PSI lasted less than 90 days LOL. I call it my China Rose.

P1060194.JPG

Back