Brock's Alienhead or Shortmeg for my Busa ?

Brock's Alien Head or Short Meg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My can stays pretty cool to the touch. You wouldn't grab it and hold on, but I've placed my hand on it after a ride a number of times. Besides I know you're wearing something on your leg. :laugh:

I had two different guys on 08's at the dragstrip tell me they would not buy it again because they burn their legs (through full leathers). It probably depends on how quickly you get your feet on the pegs. I usually do it quickly, but I am worried that I would still be burning my leg. A carbon can would eliminate all worries.

AH was my choice.

100_1198.jpg

The below quote came direct from Brocks in an email response to me regarding the two.

"The Alien head and ShortMeg systems are the exact same systems, with two different shapes. The alien head muffler starts out as a ShortMeg muffler -- then it is shaped by large press into the alien head shape. The alien head shape is narrower so it would be tucked in slightly closer to the bike (comparatively speaking) for additional cornering clearance. The sound/decibel ratings are nearly identical, with the ShortMeg having a slightly deeper tone due to its more pronounced round megaphone shape. " Advice-Brocks Performance [Advice@BrocksPerformance.com]

Seems they are the same.
I went with the Alienhead....

Anybody seeing this needs to read my thread regarding Dymag.
They are now in Chapter 11 for those that did not know.

I thought long and hard about the Alien head...but FYI..also take a look at the new CT series Brooks is putting out. I am seriously considering getting the single sided 4-2-1 titanium carbon fiber tip. From stem to stern she weighs only 8 lbs...can you read what I just wrote...8 lbs. Next...go to Utube and pull up a clip of Brocks CT series muffler..They don't have a clip (yet) for the Busa but they have one on a ZX-14..it is the sweetest sound I have ever heard coming from a can. I have a Gen II and those muffler designs were originally from Nasa's spaceship Endeavor payload booster rockets..:laugh: they weight close to 45 lbs..downside..pricey... but check it out..also, you do know that you will have to get a power commander and remap your fuel ignition right? One more thing, ask some of the guys what modifications they had to perform with the oil cooler on the Alien heads...seems like there was some minor issues there. 2hip

Back