Bringing dad in for Lasik this morning

I had it done in 2000 and had excellent results.  The methods now I hear are so much better than the "primitive" corneal flap way.  I highly recommend it.
Did they used to NOT use lasers Warren?  I've seen the surgery on TV (thanks to TLC) and they cut back the flap and used a laser to redefine the surface of the eye...how was the process years ago?  Just slicing away at the eye?  
rock.gif

I'd love to toss the contacts...but, I'm nervous...
blush.gif
No need to be nervous...we have one of the best Doctors Virgnia. I forget his name but he did Tiger Woods and a few other big names.
smile.gif

TruWrecks, Im sorta in the same boat with my vision & a year ago I was told the FDA hasnt approved the procedure I need from Lasik in the USA. And than I was told from someone else...forget the USA & the FDA, just go to Canada & they will perform the procedure I need there and cheaper.
rock.gif
When I hear stuff like that I get sorta freaked out, so I was nervous for my father & will wait to see his results. My mother had Lasik done about 2 years ago, and she still needs glasses last time I talked to her.

No I didnt watch it on tv, my dad wanted me to, but I thought shopping at BestBuy would be less likely to give me Nightmares
laugh.gif

My wife went from 20/2000 a little better than 20/20. No need for ANY type of script.
Her condition was ideal for Lasik tho....very thick corneas.

Back