Bridgestone BT-21

If I'll get 3000Kms from my 015, I will be more then happy.

Do you think that the 021 will fit hot weather better then the 015?

What about pireli?

I ran Avon's on my last bike and loved them, great tread life. Storms for me as well when these are gone!
2cents.gif

Full, what PSI air pressure are you running in the 21 when you rail the edges and what's your OAT (Outside Air Temp)over there. Looks like the 21 may be a very good tire for all around use?

well for me, i think bt-21 is better "sharp" than the bt14 or bt15... I feel that
rock.gif

for difference bt16 vs bt21, well i don't know yet, it has just left, in any case I will test it when my 21 dies
laugh.gif

downtown : had last year of the 21 of it on my zx-14, and in spite of high heats, not of concern

Tuf : PSI, like the oem give : 2,9 bar front and rear
OAT, in this moment, it makes 20 surroundings degree C, but the summer that can go until 40 degree C

ps: on track, I one should not go down below 2,5 bar

The Bt016 is a dual compound front and a triple compound rear. That's right it has center, side, and edge compounds.

The Bt021 is listed as a sport touring while the Bt015 and Bt016 are listed as high performance sport. Obviously that means the 015 and 016 will have more traction while the 021 will last longer.

which tyres are you carving now full? i might trying michelin pilot powers when bt´s are worn out
always BT-21 guy
whistling.gif

i have to roll very little since these pics"¦
fart.gif

but I think of putting for next BT-016, a friend who rolls as me put of Michelin road 2 on its zx-14, and it n' is not satisfied !!
deadhorse.gif
banghead.gif

then I will remain in bridgestone
fight.gif

Although the BTO21 is a great tire with a well deserved reputation for good performance, keep in mind it is still a touring tire and does not equal the performance of the BTO15 which is a high performance street tire. See the photo below of a BTO15 after a good romping. Pay close attention to the difference in this tire's surface and the photo of full's BTO21. They are two entirely different tires with a completely different purpose. While the 21 is a great tire for most, don't expect it to compete with the BTO15. It will not!

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

I really like the 21 so far. It has performed well for my riding style. I may look at the 15 when it comes time to replace them.

i have 6000km on my BT-15s and i ride hard,i stil have tread life thats for sure,what do you guys do,rolling burnouts??

I'm at 2900 miles on a set of BT015's, including a track day. I still have just under 3mm of thread depth left. I'm definitlety not riding like a grandma. What the heck is everyone doing to go through them so fast? Burnouts are about the only way they would loose tread that quickly.

Left_Rear_Tire.JPG

I just finished my first 1000M on my BT021 coming off my Corsa3's...

I am not yet sold... they slip and slide around a lot compared to the Pirelli and I am having a terrible time trying to get used to the slightly greasy feel of the 021 vs corsa3..

The BT021 also responds very differently to lean angles, where the corsa falls effortlessly into a solid lean, the 021 takes a substantial amount of effort to get the bike turned over..

Maybe after I get some more time on them I will feel better about them but at this point, they leave me feeling uneasy when pushing them through the twisties.. I just do not like feeling I get from these after the pirelli tires..

What pressure are you running them at? If you using 40-42 psi thay will take a very long time to warm and soften up. You might want to lower the tire pressure a few pound and see how they grip. I had a set on my FJR and they would hook up very well, and that's a heavier bike.

Sound good for street use. You might just be pushing those tires more that they're designed for. I'm running my stock 15's at 32 psi. They grip like glue. They do have much more grip than the 21's. Having ridden on both I would stay with the 15's if you want lots of lean. The 21's would be better for commuting and long HWY trips.

I just finished my first 1000M on my BT021 coming off my Corsa3's...

I am  not yet sold... they slip and slide around a lot compared to the Pirelli and I am having a terrible time trying to get used to the slightly greasy feel of the 021 vs corsa3..  

The BT021 also responds very differently to lean angles, where the corsa falls effortlessly into a solid lean, the 021 takes a substantial amount of effort to get the bike turned over..

Maybe after I get some more time on them I will feel better about them but at this point, they leave me feeling uneasy when pushing them through the twisties..   I just do not like feeling I get from these after the pirelli tires..
Good tire report dude. I have corsa III's on my GSXR1000 now and I did two track days on them this month so far and those things are amazing. I was running some pretty hot laps by the second day and they never even twiched. Although I'm going back to the Qualifiers soon, I'd certainly have no issues with hitting the track and/or the twisties with the Corsa III's. Great Tire IMO.

Back