gurrera

Registered
Bridgestone Battlax BT-016

or

Bridgestone BT-023 sport touring

The old one I have right now is a Bridgestone Battlax BT-021R
Gurrera

non of the above. get ya a good set of mich pilot pros

if it had to be one of the two, id go battlax but i definitely agree with viper on this... save a few extra coin then get a good set

16 on the front, 23 on the rear is a great street combination that allows for great mix of grip/mileage!

If you liked the 21 you'll love the 23. As Skydivr says, the BT016 front gives you great grip and performance for the control point and the dual compound BT023 rear will add many miles while giving plenty of grip for knee dragging on the twisties. This is the combination I use on my busa and it serves me quite well.

However, the new BT016 Pro which I have no experience with, is advertised as an improvement in mileage as well as performance over the standard 16. You may want to give it a shot if you are more performance oriented.

You cannot go wrong with either tire or combination there of! :thumbsup:

I'm happy with my BT-023s bought on Tufbusa's suggestion. Nice grip, predictable. Seem to be wearing well. I think I just saw them on sale for about $210 a set.

16 on the front, 23 on the rear is a great street combination that allows for great mix of grip/mileage!

If you liked the 21 you'll love the 23. As Skydivr says, the BT016 front gives you great grip and performance for the control point and the dual compound BT023 rear will add many miles while giving plenty of grip for knee dragging on the twisties. This is the combination I use on my busa and it serves me quite well.

However, the new BT016 Pro which I have no experience with, is advertised as an improvement in mileage as well as performance over the standard 16. You may want to give it a shot if you are more performance oriented.

You cannot go wrong with either tire or combination there of! :thumbsup:

You guys need to get a room :laugh:

No matter which combination you chose, your going to like them way better than those BT-021s. Those 21s have to be, hands down, the sorriest set of tires I've ever rode on.
I've used one set of BT-016s as track day tires. They performed flawlessly for the novice class. So I know those are good.
I've tried the "sport front/sport touring" combo a coupla times with different brands, works alright. Both times, by 4000 miles, the sides of the front were well into the wear bars and starting to feel very sketchy, while the rear still had probably another 1000 miles in it. Guess how that mix works for you will depend on how you ride and what your looking for in wear/performance results.

Well, I only run around town, with not many hard turns.
Only wear out the centers.
So far I have 13,00 miles on i and maybe another 1,000 miles left.
So i am looking for long life.
Gurrera

Back